TM 600 problem

thruxi

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi I am sorry if this has been dealt with before. If it has I have not found it. I recently bought a tm600 with a UR image on it. When I power thr box up all I get is the UR screen on the TV and the four dashes on the box are continuously cycling. The remote doesn't seem to do anything. I cannot switch the box off with either the remote or the button on the front panel. Can anyone advise where I go next. I am a complete novice and don't understand many of the terms so please be gentle with me.

have you got it plugged into the satellite dish? the 4 dashes rotating is what my box does when moving the dish or looking for a channel signal, if you turn the box off and hold the ch+ button and switch it on do you get anything different?

have you got it plugged into the satellite dish? the 4 dashes rotating is what my box does when moving the dish or looking for a channel signal, if you turn the box off and hold the ch+ button and switch it on do you get anything different?
I did have the satellite plugged in and got the same. It is unplugged at the moment. I don't have the dish aligned yet as this is what i am trying to do. I tried swiching on holding the ch+. The display show the tm600 system setup utility with several options. None of which mean anything to me. Not quite true. 'Factory reset' seemed appropriate. I have done this and nothing is happening. The screen says erasing 64 kibytes 0 0%. It has been like this for over an hour. Can anyone help.

Last edited:
Your in the right place for a factory reset. I'd give it another couple of tries.

If you've got it plugged into your router, you can log into via your browser.

Hold down the front power button when switching on from the back.

Keep holding the button until you get a digit on the front display.

It is the last digit of your home ip address scheme.

I have tried powering up holding the on board power button. After about two minutes it displays 'fail'. As for viewing it through my browser is concerned I am completely lost. I do know what a browser is but not how to use it to see my tm 600.

Hi there,

not sure about the fail showing on your display, I've never had that.

As for the browser bit. Your home ip address scheme is usually something like 192.168.1.* with the (*) being a number assigned to each connected pc or device.

After doing the hold front power button routine this number would be the last number. ie 192.168.1.3

on your PC type it into the address bar on your browser, hit enter and you get to the "mini webb page" on your box.

It has options for uploading new images etc.

But if you cant get the factory reset (this resets the image, not the box completely) to work you may have to do a serial update with a cable.

So I would stick with the channel up method and try the factory reset again. It takes no more than 5 mins and erases your VAR folder but wont remove or fix the image if its corrupt.

PS stick with UR images till you've got it working.

Thank you all for your help and advice. I continued to try the factory reset with what looks like a strange success. The box is now working and the image appears to be intact.
I am now contected to the internet and I want to update the image. When I ftp my ip addrees it asks for a user name and password. My current image is UR 2.0.22 dated 18/07.09. Can anyone help with the user name and password I need.

Well done.

Newer images can be downloaded direct to your box with remote.

But I sure you have to manually install either via TM Linux loader or by using the mini web (hold power button when booting)

Search on here for image and download to PC. Then use above to install.

user name is root and leave password empty.

I have tried 'root' and no password but it keeps returning tto the login box

Just go into your box via the hold power button method and upload your new image from there.

newer images let you remove the password from via the remote.

Got an email from a mate. Apparently some boxes use 'technomate' as a password. It worked for mine. I'm now connected. Thanks for the help. I will probably be back soon with another query. Thanks again.

from memory, I had an old ur image on which had most of these problems, unkown password, cannot connect to internet etc, loaded the latest image and all was sorted so heres hoping :)

I don't know why but my last message doesn't seem to be here. I probably did something wrong. So.... Thank you to everyone for the help and advice. Repeated attempts to 'factory reset' the box did something as it is now running again complete with image. I tried to ftp the box but couldn't find a user name and password. I was given 'root' and blank password. Mine responded to 'root and 'technomate'. This may be useful in the future. Thanks again for the help. Oh! by the way. Does anyone have a link to the latest TM Linux Loader? I will probably be back soooooon.

Last edited:
Had a look on here but couldn't find it in the downloads section, so attached TCC_7.1 which is linux loaders bigger brother. You will probably only need it for a serial update when all else fails.

You will get better use out of a FTP program such as filezilla, which you can download free on the web. Once you get the hang of it, you'll probably use that most.

For channel editing DBEdit (dreambox edit)

and CCcam Lines Manager also on the web, is quite handy.

Good luck

csb

Found it on Google. Written by Digidude. Unzipped it, read through the instructions and ran it. It does exactly what it says on the tin. I now have a brand new shiny box that works. Now for the easy bit. I need to realign the dish. Unfortunately we have high winds up here in Durham and I don't like heights. Ah well! you can't have everything now can you.

Last edited:
Back