TM-600 Mounting network drive in xp?

Popcorn

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, ive read a few threads about this but have some questions. I am looking to fit a sata drive in my win xp pro machine and use that as the TM-600 hard disk to record / play movies as if it were fitted in the TM-600. Is this possible?
What format does the drive have to be in? if its ext3 won't xp complain.
How do you "share" this drive over the network if its ext3 in xp?
Any advice
Thanks
Alun

if it's a tm 600 why dont you put a hard drive inside it with a usb>sata/ide converter?
if you choose to use the pc the drive will be fine as ntfs, share it as you would any other drive then mount it as /sharename/

Sorry, should have said i have a WD 1tb green drive inside it at the moment, with a esata to usb bridge adapter and a sata to esata cable, "seems" to work ok, but it is getting warm, about 32-34c idle and 38-40c (outside the case) while recording and i think this is causing some issues of the drive unmounting. Its the drive that is heating the unit up so i thought i'd try mounting it over the network and keep it my pc running (as i usually forget to knock it off anyway!)
I thought it would only record to ext3, but it may be different over a network.
I'll give it a try as soon as i get chance
Thanks for the reply
Alun

Thanks Tonedeaf
I have read your post but just wanted to make sure the drive was formatted correctly in ext3 or ntfs? Can you format the network drive with the TM-600 after its mounted over the network?
Alun

dont think you can format it from the box, i use an ntfs drive and it is fine

I think i need a little more help please
on an old pc on a spare drive (Local Disk G:) i made a folder "TM600"
inside that folder i made a folder "movie"
I shared the "TM600" folder in win xp and i can see it on other pc's.

pressed Lan, then in mount manager my settings are

IP: 192.168.0.4 - this is correct
DIR: TM600
Local Dir: /mnt/movie (not sure about this bit)
Options:rw
User: full computer name of pc. ie right click my computer>properties>full computer name

Save and then try to mount but it says ciffs mount "192.168.0.4/TM600/mnt/movie" failed.

Not sure if i have the local dir correct
Does anybody see any errors
thanks
Alun

For local Dir just use /mnt,
For Computer name I just use my account name i.e Dave,
use account password if you have one if not leave blank,

Thanks wiz
i got it to mount finally, had to put in /mnt/movies but i cant seem to record anything, unable to set the mount as default recording device. just comes up as no usb device found!
any help

dont know what image you are using but it looks like the UR image can only use a usb port for pvr

as i put in that guide, you need a usb set as recording, then mount to that

"/mnt/usb1/movie"

Back