TM-5402 58W to 53E Channel List.

chopps

DW Regular
Reaction score
Hi,

Not sure if anyone needs this, but thought I'd offer it anyway.
I have done a full auto scan today using Jetset's brilliant Excel file to grab the transponder list from Kingofsat. Took a couple of hours to complete.

ndf file attached is for 58W to 53E, everything visible on an 80cm dish from North West England.
Jetset's spreadsheet set to grab all transponders, all feeds, all beams (just in case).

Favourites are the same bouquets and order (roughly) as SKY EPG. Where there is an HD channel, I have usually not fav'd the SD version, and the +1 hour stuff is in its own fav list.

Also added favs for C+NL, ORF, Austriasat, Bulsat, NBC USA Feeds and erm.... things that I lock. Basically the softcam stuff.

So if you have an 80cm dish, in NW England, and want a full scan with SKY HD and softcam favs - I might have saved you 2 hours. No charge :)
File created on a TM-5402 HD, but I believe it should be good for some other TM models.

chopps

View attachment tm ndf 1mar12.zip

Can't edit the post, but I just noticed that there are channels on 26E which came as a surprise, as I cant normall get anything on BADR.
They have spilled over from 23.5E, same TP freq on the sat next door.
You can safely delete these 5 or 6 channels from 26E.

You're welcome. Quite an old post that, probably can give you my more up to date one if you need. You will find that March one needs a few updates here and there.

chopps

Hi chopps,

I find it is better to always save the 'edited' file as .cndf (compressed) rather than .ndf (non-compressed) ...as this is the default file extension used by the TM 5402 HD

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi chopps et al,

I just noticed that there are channels on 26E which came as a surprise, as I can't normally get anything on BADR.

Transponders on Badr 4 at 26.0°E are very strong tonight... they are the strongest I have seen them for quite some time... maybe worth having another look if you don't normally receive this satellite... the following results were obtained using a Fibo 1.2m with a TM 5402 HD

But I would imagine (with the signals being so much stronger tonight) that much smaller dishes would be able to lock onto these frequencies...

11.919 H 27500 ~~ Signal Strength 97% / Signal Quality 70%
11.958 H 27500 ~~ Signal Strength 97% / Signal Quality 70%
12.034 H 27500 ~~ Signal Strength 97% / Signal Quality 70%
12.168 V 27500 ~~ Signal Strength 97% / Signal Quality 70%
12.182 H 16200 ~~ Signal Strength 97% / Signal Quality 75%
12.226 H 27500 ~~ Signal Strength 97% / Signal Quality 70%
12.522 V 27500 ~~ Signal Strength 95% / Signal Quality 75%
12.523 H 27500 ~~ Signal Strength 95% / Signal Quality 75%
12.682 V 27500 ~~ Signal Strength 96% / Signal Quality 80%

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
Absolutely nothing on 26 here :(
My 5402 seems to read ndf and cndf both perfectly well. Is there a problem with some receivers not loading compressed files?

Hi chopps et al,

Transponders on Badr 4 at 26.0°E are very strong tonight... they are the strongest I have seen them for quite some time... maybe worth having another look if you don't normally receive this satellite... the following results were obtained using a Fibo 1.2m with a TM 5402 HD

But I would imagine (with the signals being so much stronger tonight) that much smaller dishes would be able to lock onto these frequencies...

11.919 H 27500 ~~ Signal Strength 97% / Signal Quality 70%
11.958 H 27500 ~~ Signal Strength 97% / Signal Quality 70%
12.034 H 27500 ~~ Signal Strength 97% / Signal Quality 70%
12.168 V 27500 ~~ Signal Strength 97% / Signal Quality 70%
12.182 H 16200 ~~ Signal Strength 97% / Signal Quality 75%
12.226 H 27500 ~~ Signal Strength 97% / Signal Quality 70%
12.522 V 27500 ~~ Signal Strength 95% / Signal Quality 75%
12.523 H 27500 ~~ Signal Strength 95% / Signal Quality 75%
12.682 V 27500 ~~ Signal Strength 96% / Signal Quality 80%

Best Wishes,
Zorch

I'm getting similar quality levels, just slightly lower, this morning for most of these frequencies on my 5402HD under quite thick cloud cover.

For the last three, however, the qualities are just 54%, 61% and 54% respectively. No problem with getting a lock as well.

I only ever look at these during daylight hours but I'll check tonight to see if their quality levels increase.

I live in northwest England and use a Triax88 dish with an Inverto Black Ultra lnb.

I'm getting similar quality levels, just slightly lower, this morning for most of these frequencies on my 5402HD under quite thick cloud cover.

For the last three, however, the qualities are just 54%, 61% and 54% respectively. No problem with getting a lock as well.

I only ever look at these during daylight hours but I'll check tonight to see if their quality levels increase.

I live in northwest England and use a Triax88 dish with an Inverto Black Ultra lnb.

Mate you will struggle to match those readings that Zorch has on his setup, even though you have a very good combo of the TD88 and Black Ultra its no match for what i would call one of the finest 1.2m dishes ever made, Zorch's dual gregorian fibo even my Gibby 1.2 has a job to keep up with that beast LOL

Hi again chopps,

My 5402 seems to read ndf and cndf both perfectly well. Is there a problem with some receivers not loading compressed files?

The only reason I mentioned this mate... a while back I inadvertently saved a 'channel list' file as an .ndf file... the file was originally a .cndf file from my TM 5402 HD that I had loaded into NDFEdit 1.64 to edit...

As I said... I edited the 'channel list' file but I saved the file as an .ndf file... I reloaded the file to my TM 5402 HD with no problems at all... but a few days later... I saved the file again to edit further... but when I loaded the file into NDFEdit 1.64 an 'Error' message appeared... I can't remember the exact message now... but it was something like... Error loading file - Checksum

So I was then unable to edit anything I had added to my receiver in that time... new satellites/transponders/channels... I had to go back to my previously saved .cndf file... reload that... then add everything again...

That's why I have always save my edited 'channel list' files as .cndf

What I think the editor did not like was...

Extracted from TM 5402 HD as .cndf
Loaded into NDFEdit 1.64 as .cndf
Edited/saved in NDFEdit 1.64 as .ndf
Reloaded into TM 5402 HD as .ndf
Extracted from TM 5402 HD as .cndf
Reloaded into NDFEdit 1.64 as .cndf
Error loading file - Checksum

PS
Sorry about going slightly off topic in my previous post... I was not trying to hijack your thread mate...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
I think I've used both ndf and cndf since I had my TM-5402 without any probs, but it probably makes sense to stick with one.
Isn't the cndf just a compressed ndf anyway?

For what it's worth, I've had occasional trouble with NDF Edit 1.6.4 (and old versions too, I think) choking on checksums.
In my case, it had nothing to do with using ndf at some stage - the file was a bare cndf (created after a factory reset)
which wouldn't load up in NDF Edit. I found a solution as follows:

1) Load up the offending channel list into Clarke Tech Editor Studio, and resave it from there (as ndf or cndf - doesn't matter).
2) Then load the new list into NDF Edit.

Regarding cndf files, they are indeed compressed ndf files, using lh5 compression. Given how relatively small ndf files are
compared to the firmware (usually only a few hundred KB for ndf), it seems rather unnecessary for the Technomate
to compress them at all!

Jetset

I've updated this file this week, if anyone's interested.
Had 94 downloads of the other one. Wowzers.

View attachment chopps5sep12.zip

It's got UK favourites for Entertainment, Lifestyle, Movies, Sports, News, Kids, Documentaries.
These are broadly in SKY EPG order apart from Entertainment as everyone wants their own prefs at the top.
SD removed where there is an HD available.

Then a favourite each for NL, DE, ES, IT, GR, SE, PT, JSC Sports, plus a fave with BISS and softcam channels.

Very Nice work Chopps much appreciated

Hi all read the thread with interest, I have got a TM 6900 HD Super Combo+, Can you please give me a dummy guide how to load up this list..Sorry still a novice when it comes to channel loading/editing etc. Thanks

Easy.
Unzip it and put it on a usb stick.
Put stick in Technomate, socket is at the back.
Press MENU, USB, DATA TRANSFER
Go down to the file using ch up/down on remote
Once the file is selected press OK (not the red upload button, just OK)
Select Normal DB

Done

To be honest its on area I'm completely blank..so please be patient with me as I ask the following questions:

1. Does this file load all the channels on the TM automatically,I have motorised dish and get channels from 30W to 57E
2. Do you load it the same way as the patches and softcam? (Do not mind a dummy guide!)

To be honest its on area I'm completely blank..so please be patient with me as I ask the following questions:

1. Does this file load all the channels on the TM automatically,I have motorised dish and get channels from 30W to 57E
2. Do you load it the same way as the patches and softcam? (Do not mind a dummy guide!)

Just follow chopps guide above and remember to re-enter your USALS co-ordinates afterwards

Back