tm 500 super and triax magic eye

squig007

DW Member +
Reaction score
hi folks i got a tm 500 super for the kids bedroom and im trying to connect to to downstairs where they would watch tv also. there is an existing triax eye that was used when i had sky tv . now ive set up the uhf on the tm500 super and im getting the picture downstairs ok but its very poor.ive noticed that the green light on the triax connector isnt lit which makes me think that it needs more power to get a better picture .the type of connection it is is an f connector going into a small box with a green light an and an rf connector coming out the other side to go into the tv. do i need some sort of amp or do i need to get a new eye with a power supply of some sort ??? any suggestions would be very helpful

squig007

Squig m8, the tm wont work with the sky eye on its own, I will pm what you need you can get them from VJ.

One of these will do it for you. tvLINK®plus just google it for suppliers .Digi has posted an alternative is to buy an audio video sender cheap one from argos or something. The have remote eyes built in that do it wirleless. Use your existing cable for the signal and the sender for remote commands.

Last edited:
the argos route is cheaper than the TVlink plus kits, especially if you already have cables run. the picture via the argos senders is crap, but if you already have a distribution system setup, they work fine for the remote commands.

i did bet some of the little ufo looking senders, to build in to a receiver, but they run on 19v, thinking about it now, i think ill merge on with a tm800 for the missus as her place is already wired for sky 'eyes'

If " vj " is what I think I it is, Agnes will sort ya out... ;-)

Oh If going the wireless argos route as indicated above, remember that most of the transmitters use 2.4ghz to transmit video, possible problems with wireless internet interference on your routers with this.

Last edited:
hi guys , yeah go tit sorted . are you from the north installer ??

squig007

just noticed my old mate cuebase was banned . am i allowed to ask why , he was very helpful on this board and its a real shame

Hi Sqiug thanks for the kind word, I dont know why I was banned m8, But I wont be posting anyway as some of my posts just get deleted for some reason. Take care.

Cue

Back