TM-2T discontinued!

headwest

Inactive User
Reaction score
My wholesaler informed me this morning that tm have discontinued the 2T. Maybe this is why tm have price dropped the twin. I wonder why the 2T has been dropped as its not been out that long?

Bit strange if thats true...who knows what the logic is behind it..maybe poor sales, couldnt complete with VU, GigaBlue etc...Maybe buggy drivers and poor software support.. Maybe too similar a reciever to the TM TWIN.

This is the reply I got from technomate support when I asked them if the 2T-OE is discontinued

" [FONT=&quot]Unit is currently out of stock, updates will continue to be issued[/FONT] "

Never believe everything Technomate say ;) the statement above could well be true, but from past experiences take what anyone says at TM with a pinch of salt

:)

Never believe everything Technomate say ;) the statement above could well be true, but from past experiences take what anyone says at TM with a pinch of salt

:)

Haha yes!

"we're going to fix the tm800"

ooh did I just go there again? Naughty me! hehehe :proud:

Just logged on after a long time, been busy with work and little one, reading this doesn't surprise me at all.

The concern for people is if support ends. This hopefully will not be the case. Latest drivers have no major issues so existing teams will continue to make images for them.

With regards to them stopping production, it makes business sense. Reasons...
Solo 2 retails at £300 mark. 2T is at £220 mark. They have been due to release their 1.3 ghz range for a while. Where would it fit in the market? They need to be about £80 cheaper to win customers over.

They can't sell two receivers with significant difference at the same price. Options would be:
1. Sell existing ones at a lower rate. This price will affect sales of other receivers. Who would buy a Single/Nano when the 2T is a few pounds more.
2. Cease production and let supply run out. Introduce newer model at same price range as 2T. They lowered their twin to £199 a while back.

Looks like they have taken option 2 which is the better business decision. The 2T is a very good receiver. The newer ones should be better. But as we all know hardware alone is not enough.

very queitly (and i mean VERY) a new tm-nano-2t has slipped into the range, it looks like a smaller version of the 2T, but with its own software image, at the moment, only 4D are creating images for it, but it does look like it uses 2T drivers (im only guessing this based on what i see in the very sporadic releasaes of source code files)

theres been a 2T-Super and a Nano-Super in the source for nearly a year, based on the same processor etc as the solo2, but, still no hardware available, and the only software available is what people who watch the sources make themselves.

places like Vu+ advertise 'coming soon' receivers for way too long, but it gets people wanting them, TM is the complete opposite, even when a new receiver comes out, like the tm-nano-2T, people have to find it by chance, even though they now have people like the OE-A making images for their stuff, and the persian-prince images for receivers that are yet unknown

TM marketing is years behind, but, by the time they catch up, satellite receivers will be a thing of the past, and everything will be IPTV based

That's not good news to my ears - I only purchased one less than a year ago - goood box too...

and the force 1

Sent from my NexusHD2 using Tapatalk

The Force1 looks like its taken over from the 'Mediabox HD' that 'doesnt exist' in the same way as other receivers dont exist, like the ios100, 200 and Qi range of receivers, all made from the same sources. People like us only read the source code though, and when we ask questions about receivers over a year before they exist, dont know what we are on about, especially when we see changes being made to other receivers that dont exist.

The Technomate hardware is some of the best hardware available, and, cost wise, id say it IS the best available when compared to other hardware that does the same job, what lets it down is the software team behind the drivers, and pi$$ poor marketing. Enigma2 receivers have saturated the market, the 'real' hobbyist market for them has been flooded with cheap clone crap and people wanting to be spoonfed CS receivers that 'just work'. Their brilliant hardware is let down by everything else that makes a receiver great.

Today you learned about the TM-nano-2T, heres another one, a closed source receiver, who knows about the TM-mini? Once again, some great marketing going on, there, by the time everyone knows about it, itll be out of date

The Force1 looks like its taken over from the 'Mediabox HD' that 'doesnt exist' in the same way as other receivers dont exist, like the ios100, 200 and Qi range of receivers, all made from the same sources. People like us only read the source code though, and when we ask questions about receivers over a year before they exist, dont know what we are on about, especially when we see changes being made to other receivers that dont exist.

The Iqon ios100 and Iqon ios300 do exist in more than source code, i saw two fully working examples of these and others well over a year ago.

Not retail (Full production) you didn't and thats what he means.

They weren't bodged together beta models if thats what you were thinking but fully functioning, branded receivers.

for years ive been saying to TM about the existence of other receivers for other markets using the same source code that TM bang on about how their 'team' only works for them etc etc etc, untill in the end, i stopped caring, or even trying to explain what i meant. TM only believe what theyre told from a few places, everybody else is wrong, simple as that, even when theyre right.

If TM marketed this tm-nano-2t as 'coming soon' and if they marketed their nano-super and 2T-super (using the newer BCM 7356 processor) in the same way as other manufacturers do, then they could maybe drum up interest in receivers, instead of silently releasing boxes that nobody knows anything about. they have plenty of 'outlets' for publicity, but no clue on how to use them

Sorry for hijacking this thread a bit but I can't get an answer to my problem on any forum. I read an old thread somewhere that enigma2 can't play vobsub subtitles. Is this still true? Is there any way of watching films with vobsub subs with the tm-2t? All files play on a standalone media player. The tm-2t for me is pretty good but I feel the software isn't.

TM-Nano-2T-Oe

Features
Open-source Linux operation system
Full compatible with Enigma2
Broadcom 405 MHz Mips Dual core processor
Twin DVB-S2 HD Tuner
256 MB NAND Flash / 8MB NOR Flash / 384 MB RAM { 5gbit total }
Media Player
Downloadable Plug-ins supported
MPEG2 / H.264 Hardware decoding (DVB Compliant)
Speed Controlled Fan(optional)
Unlimited Channel Memory
Super sensitive tuner for very weak signals and weak transponders
1 x smartcard reader
10/100 Mbps Ethernet interface
3 x USB2.0 PVR Ready ports via a USB external device (1xFront / 2x Rear)
1 x internal SATA connection for 2.5" HDD
1 x RS232
1 x HDMI Interface
Component Video(YPbPr)
Composite Video (CVBS)
Stereo audio output C-inch
1 x Dolby Digital Plus compliant via optical S/PDIF output
Less than 1 second channel change
Extended EPG and programme reservation on EPG
Plugin support (JPEG, MP3, XviD …)
Support of Bouquet lists
Multi language OSD, Skin - support
Fully automatic, Manual Channel Search
Timer & multi-event timer functions
Automatic FEC and PID detection and manual entry of PID values
Teletext & Subtitle support by OSD and VBI
DiSEqC 1.0, 1,1 ,1.2 and 1.3(USALS) compatible
under 0.5 Watt Stand-by power consumption option
==============================================
Technical Specification
Front Panel
DisPlay : 12 digits Dot matrix display & 2 LED optional { VFD }
1 x Smartcard slot
1 x USB 2.0
Buttons : Power, Volume Up/Down, Channel Up/Down
Rear Panel
1 x power switch
Sat-IF input/output : 2x F-type socket
Video output (digital) : 1x HDMI
Audio output (digital): Standard optical (S/PDIF)
Video output (Component) : 3x C-inch socket
Video output (Composite) : 1x C-inch socket
Audio output (analogue) : 2x C-inch socket
2 x USB 2.0
1 x Ethernet
x RS 232
Video
Video resolution 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 576i
Video decoding MPEG-2, MPEG-4 compatible
Input data rate 2-45MSymb/s
S/N > 53dB
Audio
Decoding AC3, MPEG-4 (AAC-HE), MPEG-1, Layer1, 2 and 3
32/4.1/48 kHz sampling rate
S/nN > 65 dB
Power consumption
<25W (in operation, horizontal ) 400mA LNB Current
<20W (in operation, without LNB)
<0.5W (Deep-Standby_mode)
DC 12V (3A) Adaptor
VB S/S2 Tuner
Frequency Range : 950 ~ 2150MHz
LNB Supply (horiz./vert): 13V,14V,18V,19V, Max 400mA
Control signal 22kHz , 650mV ; ToneBurst; DiSEqC 1.0 / 1.1 / 1.2
DVB-S Demodulation : QPSK, 8PSK
DVB-S Symbol Rate : QPSK: 1MSPS to 45MSPS
8PSK: 2MSPS to 30MSPS
DVB-S Code Rate : QPSK: 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8
8PSK: 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 5/6, 8/9, 9/10
General
Dimensions (W x H x D) : 270x55x190 (mm)
Weight kg : 2.0 Kg
-----------------
End user Price £199 inc.vat

I think the duo is about to be this price as well maybe.
Let the battles begin.

TM-Nano-2t.jpg
2T-rear.jpg

Last edited:
Back