Tit 2 Boo Hoo

j16

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I have followed legomans tut on programming a tit2 with infinity usb, wrote to the card and inserted it into my sammy (after cutting t/b etc) but I only get the basic channels i.e.- 1-4, bbc news 24 and frontrow.

Whilst searching i downloaded a different rom image from another tut (matties) for my area (ex c/w), wrote this to the card and got same result.

Has anyone got any suggestions please?!

j16 said:
Hi,
I have followed legomans tut on programming a tit2 with infinity usb, wrote to the card and inserted it into my sammy (after cutting t/b etc) but I only get the basic channels i.e.- 1-4, bbc news 24 and frontrow.
Whilst searching i downloaded a different rom image from another tut (matties) for my area (ex c/w), wrote this to the card and got same result.
Has anyone got any suggestions please?!

Whats the card status in the engineers menu?

Thanks for reply, just in the process of trying it.....one thing when I open the image in Nagraedit, a select card type box appers one of the things it asks for is a starting address not sure what this is or where i find it....is it important to get it correct?

regards

Choose Rom10 and press ok u dnt need to do anything such as the starting address or anythin.

Let us know how u get on mate :)

ok tried it as you suggested, still no other channels......before it used to say 'you are not subscribed to this channel', now there is a completely blank screen. Any ideas what it could be m8?

have u tried turnin the box on then off, if that doesnt work try ordering a PPV film. i think it needs to update to get the keys.

yea i've turned it off then on again, no effect, I've booked a film, the booking was accepted I got the confirmation but the other channels aren't coming through still.

my film was due to start to 6.05 om channel 0, at 6.05 this channel went to a blank screen.

Any ideas how i can get all channels?

Hi
If card status says ok
Then u must have entered the bk wrong
How did u get the bk
Have u managed to do any card with the bk u got
i.e fun card rst

I jtagged the sammy to get the ird and bk, I'll do it again to double check.

Thanks for your help, I'll let you know how i get on.

@j16

I had similar problems, see the detail below as to what i did to get my tit2 working....

Firstly, erase your tit2 card as ususal (i used cardprogger 2.0.0.)

Then

1) Download the Rom10 image for the ex-cw area posted by benny59 here:

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45514

2) Using Nagra 3, open the image and input the IRD normally (12 xx xx xx xx) and BOX key normally

3) Left the default cam ids alone (20 05 24 35)

4) Left the public keys 0 and 1 alone.

5) saved the modified rom10 image

6) Using winexplorer, programmed the card with the modified rom10 image

7) powered down stb and inserted card

8) powered up stb, changed to channel 2 and waited 5-15 mins to get a signal. All channels then worked.

Worked for me!

Prior to this, i was getting blank screens etc, but i assure you it was nothing to do with entering wrong bx and ird key info. Despite the tut saying enter the IRD backwards, its always worked for me entering it normally (12 xx xx xx).

This was the only rom10 image that worked for me, others in the forums just didnt want to.

Thanks again,
Shade

What software are you using to get the BK? If SDT or BKE, then you'll know when you have the correct BK as it will be accompanied by the correct IRD which you can confirm from the EM or the sticker on the bottom (just use windows calculator to convert dec -> hex and you will get your 8 digit IRD beginning '3E'). If you cannot find the correct IRD then your BK will be wrong also - these software tools do not work with the latest Langley CR software, but you can use OCD to extract the BK in this case - just check in the samsung forum, there are threads there which describe how to do it.

I'm not having any joy here at all. I have the right BK I checked the IRD with pace/samsung ird checker by putting the nagra serial code in. I used bke2.2 to get these, initally it didn't show the bk but after changing the byte i got it.

I've tried alot of different ways and none seem to be bearing fruit. Will my card be ok btw, I must have written to it and erased it about 12+ times.

(Thanks for your replys and time btw gents)

@ Shade

How did u read that image in nagra 3? I tried to open it and said the file was too big, when I went to the data tab to try & alter the ird & bk there was nothing there?

Did u alter the settings on narga?

Hi j16

Open your rom10 file in NagraEdit 4.1 , and that will fix your prob.

Cheers Garry

Yep, use Nagra 4, just redid a card to make sure it worked.

I dont seem to have the facility to attach files to a PM, however if you PM me your email addy ive np with sending the rom10 file along with the three hex files used with cardprogger 2. The ones i recently used were different from the ones i used 6months ago, maybe thats where a problem lies.

Cheers
Shade

Back