Tiscali Bandwidth

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
is there a way to keep tabs on what bandwidth I'm using per month so I don't go over my allowance ?

I haven't as yet but my kids seem to be watching more you tube/iPlayer etc etc

Ive checked my online bill but cant see on there whats being used

cheers :)

Bandwidth monitor pro will do the job for you John, I used to use it years ago and was very good, tells you daily, weekly, monthly usage.

cheers Jim will look into that mate :)

There's also DUmeter, ISPmonitor (does a lot more besides), Broadband Download Monitor 1.3, Network traffic monitor.

A few things to remember about all these programs.

Your bandwidth limit includes uploads as well as downloads, so keep an eyes on the total data usage not just the downloads.

If you have a home network where you share files or a printer between 2 or more computers, this data will be included.

If you connect through a router to the internet there will be some usage between your PC and the router as they send messages to each other.

cheers guys :)

as said I haven't gone over any limits yet,just being cautious ;)

Also I am pretty sure that all these are per PC, so if you have multiple devices in the house then you will need to monitor each one individually. Or don't use a router, use a modem with a PC attached to it and use the PC as a router. Its also worth phoning your ISP and seeing if they offer a web page with the usage stats.

Also don't forget and games consoles, phones, etc that are connected to your network.

Back