Tips for newbies!

die5el

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I thought I'd try to contribute a bit and came up with the idea of things I wish I'd been told before I started. So here goes.

In no particular order.

1. Do as much research as you can. Although it can be tempting to dive straight in and order a kit I'd advise taking the time to find out as much as you can first. Search through forums and supplier websites to see what is recommended and what is available.

2. When you eventually decide on a kit to buy make sure at the very least you have 2 batteries. There's nothing more annoying than having to wait for your battery to charge before you can vape.

3. Make sure you order juice at the same time as your kit. Most kits come with a small amount of juice but you will need some for when that runs out.

4. When ordering juice don't order too much of something if you don't know what it is like. 30ml's at a bargain price might look great but if you can't vape it you're out of luck. (You could always try to swap it with other forum members)

Also when ordering juice make sure you check what strength you are ordering. Too high or too low and you may find it un-vapable.

5. If you are going to try out different flavours make sure you have different atties and carts to try them in. Some flavours can be quite potent and hard to get rid of.

6. Keep a personal record of what you are spending, where you spend it, what flavours you like, etc. This will help when re-ordering stuff and also when it comes to figuring out how much you've saved. (If you haven't gone mad buying a ton of vaping equipment!)

7. Get involved in the forums. If you have questions search on the forums. If you can't find the answer, no question is too stupid, ask away. You will always get an answer, especially here!

8. Pay it forward. If someone helps you out in any way, return the favour by helping someone else out. We all have to start somewhere and it's great to give back.

9. Make sure you have the correct tools for the job. Many e cigs require certain things when going the DIY route and refilling cartridges etc. Some tools you may need: disposable gloves, (for handling nicotine juice) tweezers, syringes, empty bottles to mix or decant liquid in, labels or pens to mark the bottles, blue foam, droppers, PG and or VG. You get the idea.

I started off with a super mini and trying to fill the cartridge on it was a very messy, frustrating affair with no syringe.

10. It's also a good idea to store your equipment in a locked cupboard or well out of reach of any kids, pets, etc. Safety first people!

11. Store your juice in a cool/cold place. Heat can affect juice by making it thinner. Resulting in an unholy mess when trying to refill your carts/cartomisers etc.

12. Experiment! There are many different e cigs and bits of equipment to try. There are also a huge amount of juices in different strengths and flavours. You may feel you have found your perfect vape but unless you try new things you'll never know. I have recently tried Low Resistance atties for the first time and really like them compared to a standard 510. Especially with a drip tip.

13. Have a back up plan! If you have bought a starter kit it probably came with a couple of atties and batteries. These won't last forever, so make sure you have spares of everything.

I think that will do for now, I'll add more as I think of them so keep checking back on this thread. Most of these things I found out the hard way. I have already met some great people and have never felt such a positive vibe from anything like this before.

Feel free to add to the list, happy vaping!

Back