Mobile Phones Time for a new phone Huawei or sammy

shaun127

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We Don't Do Walking Away. I would rather die with
Time for a new phone, has to be android for me, thinking about the huawei p20 pro or the huawei mate 20 pro, Anybody have either? what do you think? whats the software like?
Its either that or hang on for the sammy galaxy 10. Thoughts ?

Dont get a sammy s9 they are pants, just recycled mine at car phone warehouse, battery life sucked. Now got the oneplus 6t mclaren.

Love my P20 Pro, good battery, fast charging easily navigable, I like having a physical home button, really cant fault it

+1 for P20 Pro Much the same as @JonMMM I love the camera too. Only slight drawback for me is I upgraded my P20 Pro to android 9 last week & having some teething problems with it (battery not lasting as longpossibly & some settings being changed by the update, nearly slept in for work too the bugger turned my alarm off:eek:)
HH.

Im leaning to huawei as opposed to sammy this time due to the price sammy will be on EE even with Friends and Family discount. Anybody got a glass screen guard on the Huawei phone and doe he screen finger print unlock still work. The Sammy 10 has a problem where if you put a screensaver on you cant use the finger print unlock?

+3 Huewei I have the older p8 Lite 2017 for £100 you cant go wrong. when I'm done the P20 will be my next phone

Im leaning to huawei as opposed to sammy this time due to the price sammy will be on EE even with Friends and Family discount. Anybody got a glass screen guard on the Huawei phone and doe he screen finger print unlock still work. The Sammy 10 has a problem where if you put a screensaver on you cant use the finger print unlock?
Mine has the fingerprint centre back, the case i have has a hole through it to allow your finger to touch the sensor

My glass guard has 2 notches for fingerprint & cameras. Screen Sensitivity seems same as without guard.
HH.

Huawei P20 pro @shaun127 . A cracking phone for the price. Feels a great build and the camera is the dogs bollox.

I have the Mate10 Pro after a few Samsung Galaxies, wouldn't consider going back to Samsung now, too much bloatware on them. To be fair there's a fair bit on the Huawei too but not as invasive as the Samsung's.
Good battery life, nice feel, excellent fingerprint reader (far better that Samsung's) and great camera too.

To be fair I know lots of people that have gone from Samsung to Huawei but I dont know anyone who would now go back to Samsung

I have the Mate10 Pro after a few Samsung Galaxies, wouldn't consider going back to Samsung now, too much bloatware on them. To be fair there's a fair bit on the Huawei too but not as invasive as the Samsung's.
Good battery life, nice feel, excellent fingerprint reader (far better that Samsung's) and great camera too.

I'm the same, my contract up in July this sammy 8 is getting chucked, sick and tired of the firmware upgrade every month, just a chance to put more bloatware on it, I've not rooted it yet but it's happening soon. ;)

I siwtched years ago from android to iphone and just other month went back to android with the huawei Pro mate 20 and thiings never out my hands. Deffo best phone ive had to date so far and glad ive switched from apple :) The battery is good aswell and charges rapid as uses the USB Type-C lead

There is one thing I am a bit wary of with the Huawei - the OS updates from time to time but there doesn't seem to be any way of stopping it. I generally like to postpone updates in case there are any flaws that need ironing out or - at worst - performance-reducing "enhancements" like Apple does to effectively force you to buy a newer phone. Touch wood I've had no problems yet with updates but I would feel more comfortable if I could choose when (or if) to do it.

There is one thing I am a bit wary of with the Huawei - the OS updates from time to time but there doesn't seem to be any way of stopping it. I generally like to postpone updates in case there are any flaws that need ironing out or - at worst - performance-reducing "enhancements" like Apple does to effectively force you to buy a newer phone. Touch wood I've had no problems yet with updates but I would feel more comfortable if I could choose when (or if) to do it.

This should work for you

Huawei P20 Pro Prevent Android firmware updates- Solved

Back