Mobile Phones Time for a new phone Huawei or sammy

Before you jump I would take a minute to look at the reviews after launch and see what type of battery life the europe version of the xynos chip is giving. I had to bin my s9 as it was awfull. I should have listenened to my gut fealing and gone with the usa version with the snap dragon 845 chip. The usa version of the s10 is launching with the snap dragon 855 chip.

seen that and tbh honest one of the reasons I fancy the Huawei is the bigger battery . Also I ahve nothing but trouble with facebook (use it for betting tips notifications daily) since samsung decided to make facebook a system apk. Im hoping that the Huawei will not have the same problems as the sammy does with no notifications.

Can you imagine taking that to your local market stall for a cracked screen replacement

Probably better just binning it

@shaun127 ,Not had a look at the price difference lately tbh, but I'm sure the S10's price is pretty hefty. The mate 20 pro, if memory serves me right, doesn't have a headphone jack socket? Two good phones so I can see your dilemma mate.

@shaun127 ,Not had a look at the price difference lately tbh, but I'm sure the S10's price is pretty hefty. The mate 20 pro, if memory serves me right, doesn't have a headphone jack socket? Two good phones so I can see your dilemma mate.

The P20 has USB C and comes with a usb to 3.5mm converter, but no it does not have a direct headphone jack

Seems to me a no brainer then @shaun127 . S10 is a great phone. So is the P20. If you can get the S10 cheaper, go for it. And as @JonMMM says, even though the P20 doesn't have a headphone jack, it does come with a USB to 3.5mm jack lead converter. Go for the Samsung though mate if it's cheaper.

What did you go for @shaun127 ?
I've just upgraded and went for the Huawei P30 Pro blinding phone imo
Ive had 2 Samsungs (S5/S8+) but little things started to niggle me so decided a change was needed
I was going to get the Xiaomi Mi9 but there was no UK release date and didn't want to chance a EU one

Good choice :) I see people were saying p20 and wondered if you went for that, didn't look at dates posted maybe p30 wasn't out then

Are you using a nano memory card Shaun ? I save all photos on card, I/m trying to suss out if I can save whatsapp photos onto card too

Good choice :) I see people were saying p20 and wondered if you went for that, didn't look at dates posted maybe p30 wasn't out then

I got a P20 Lite @Rat but the P30 wasn't out then, it was £269 from John Lewis at the time.

The P20 used MicroSD but the P30 is NanoSD.

Reactions: Rat
Yeah nano, I brought one today, shame as I have loads of micro sd cards lol
They are good though as same size as a nano sim so fits on the reverse side of sim tray :)
I would like all WhatsApp photos to go onto it though.

Back