Tier help please

steveh

Member +
Reaction score
Hi Guys.....Had card running ok now for a while, have set expiry date in 5th month, what I am not sure is do you let it expire and then add new date or do it before it expires??
Do you need to reset all the tier dates the same as the new expiry date or do you just set a new expiry date....bit lost on this, don't want to mess up card.

Thanks in advance

5 months is a bit long mate ! If you want the card to be as realistic as possible set it for one month

The expiry date should be a fixed date depending on your provider (ie I think its 58BC for TW, 399F for CW - but its best to check by reading a subbed card with TierInfoLite).

Begin date is the start of the subscription. Try 1AEF (15th July 2005).

Modification date is the date of the last subscription update. Sometime in the last few days is good.

Rights date is the point at which your subscription rights expire - set for about one - two months from the modification date !

When updating the card its best to update it a few days before the rights date is hit. Change the modification date to the present date and add a month to the rights date. You should not need to touch the begin date or expiry date.

Last edited:
It depends on what area you are in .I think ntl's expiry date is something like 2035 but dont quote me on that Like nosser said try and read a subbed card for your area with tierinfo lite (it wont mark your card) and set it to that

the only channs av lost is baby tv 703 and disney cinimagic it says u have not subscribed to this chann but all the tier dates are the same my little lad watches 728 telepest any ideas av tried a few things but still the same give us a shout if u no plz thanks

baby TV seems to be an odd one in that it doesn't actually seem to be encrypted (its in the clear on dbox/dvb-c card). Not sure exactly why this channel (and quite a few others like it) dont get displayed on all boxes.

I'm guessing that the box must actually block certain channels unless specific tier ID's are present on the card even though the card itself isn't used to decrypt that particular channel !

Thanks for your replys guy's...so as I understand from what you have said.
I redo the card a couple of days before its due to go...on the day I redo the card I reset the start dates to couple of days previous and then reset the rights (expiry date) to 1-2 months later??

Thanks again

Thanks for your replys guy's...so as I understand from what you have said.
I redo the card a couple of days before its due to go...on the day I redo the card I reset the start dates to couple of days previous and then reset the rights (expiry date) to 1-2 months later??

Thanks again

Dont touch the begin date - thats basically the date you had your equipment installed. The thing to modify to todays date (or a few days ago if you want) is the modification date

Leave the expiry date as it is - it never changes

Back