This a good piece of kit to start with?

rp3X

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ive decided on going Technomate 1500, since im not 100% confident/Still new to Satelite TV, would this piece of kit be ideal ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FREE-CARD-WIT...ryZ96970QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

£250 kit to get me started, However I do already have an 80cm dish that came with my Pace satelite box I had like 10 years ago I just banged in some nails and its still there above my garden door ;) I do recall getting some foreign channels before moving it and picking up the sky one/anagolue channels.

Or do you think I could get a monoblock with 2 LNBs and a arm/bracket to fit my existing 80cm dish and just get a normal technomate 1500 80 quid box?

All I want is Adult channels/Movie channels and perhaps the hobby factor.

thats an excellent intro into satellite m8. the dish you have at the mo will have an old 'standard' LNB on it, you now need a 'universal' one. fitting a monoblock to it is an option but when a dish has been up that long the plastic collar that holds the LNB in place 95% of the time breaks when removing the old one, and to get the best reception from a monoblock itll be alaigned to the wrong satellite, itll be lined to the 'old' sky satellite which is astra 1 and pick up the weaker hotbird satellite as a secondary feed. for a monoblock you want hotbird as the main alaignment and the stronger astra 1 as the secondary feed.

the system you are looking at comes complete with a 9 month subscription to an adult package, and using the patches and keys you find on the site (and in technomate link below) youll also get more adult stuff, films, footy, music, kids stuff and more.

and for the hobby factor theres always more channels to find or keys to add, and the technomate 1000 series is so user friendly that once you've set it all up youll wonder what you did before you had it.

for a full guide on how to install that system click satellite help in my siggy below then how to install a motorised dish

Last edited:
Thx for the info and guide, I think Ill go for the entire kit and have fun setting it up :)

Its the same set up as mine...dont piss about with your old dish and a dual lnb get the motorised set up you wont regret it...

Back