Thinking of getting into the sats

Similar to mine mate, I bought most of my stuff from Wizard Satellite too but it's slightly different bits of kit. My dish is 110cm.

I shopped around at the time and Wizard had the best prices.

Go for the 1m motorised dish and DM800 worth every penny and the best thing about it all you dont have to pay any subs to anyone.

Thanks for the posts guys, looks like its wizard for me then & the 1m dish.

Thanks again

thast the one am struggling with at the moment so hurry up and get it working so you can help me :roflmao:

Thnik I will be coming to you for advice m8,not the other way around, lol

I don't have a DM800, but from what i hear they are decent. The images are getting better as well.
You may just want to look at your choice of dish.

I'm assuming you're going motorised, and if so many of the 1m dishes give you little or no gain over the good old TD88 which will look a bit neater if you're bolting it to the side of your house.
If you're on a Disecq motor setup, a TD88 will put far less strain on the motor and be less likely to be blown out of position than a 1m as well.

In Kent, the only reason i can think for a 1m+ dish would be to pull in a few more transponders on 7W

What do other people think?

All so its worth taking into account that you can get aluminum and steel dishes.

Depending on the location of the dish and what motor you are going to use. These are the factors you should be taking into account before you go out and get a dish. I wouldn't be getting a 1.1 steel dish on a diseqc in an exposed location, me personally think this is asking for trouble.

You need to find out what satellites you want to recieve Like MikeTV most of the decent stuff you should be able to get with a td88.

Just bear in mind if you want to go bigger its not just the dish its the mount and motor you will need to upgrade and don't forget your vbox, so offset this to what you actually miss. Which to be honest will not be that much.

Nilesat 7W is a bit of a funny one showsports is on the egypt h beam (middle east) which is very weak in the uk
so you need to be spot on with alignment. This is one satellite i wouldn't look into getting unless you live on a farm with no neighbors.

Si

I don't have a DM800, but from what i hear they are decent. The images are getting better as well.
You may just want to look at your choice of dish.

I'm assuming you're going motorised, and if so many of the 1m dishes give you little or no gain over the good old TD88 which will look a bit neater if you're bolting it to the side of your house.
If you're on a Disecq motor setup, a TD88 will put far less strain on the motor and be less likely to be blown out of position than a 1m as well.

In Kent, the only reason i can think for a 1m+ dish would be to pull in a few more transponders on 7W

What do other people think?

Just had a look at the td88., its solid. What's the operational difference between solid and mesh ? Cheers.

Just had a look at the td88., its solid. What's the operational difference between solid and mesh ? Cheers.

Mesh is like a sieve, i.e got holes it (like the smaller sly dishes). These aren't very good.
Solid can either be steel, fibre glass, or Aluminium.
Triax make all sorts of dishes, but my TD88 is aluminium. Will cost you about £55 with LNB.
Aluminium dishes are lighter and put less strain on the the motor.

how can it not include a motor it says motorised dish pack

what next ford selling motor cars with no engine's

I've emailed them asking what motor it comes with as there is one in the picture but not in the description

That lilttle package from wizards cost me £125 last Christmas so not a bad price at £80. Some people say the dish and motor are a little bit on the cheap side but at the end day it all works. Its definitely worth getting into sats, ask our friend 'notanotherone' he knows everything there is to know about it seen every video going on utube in fact you could even say 'what he doesn't know about sats you could write on the back of a tall skyscraper block'. lol. Sorry ted but have you joined our club yet?

check out technomate 9100, it is far easier to set up than the dm800 and more stable, lots of forums on the net, type the name in google search and you will find several forums, both are linux based i got rid of the dm800 for the 9100 and have never looked back:Clap:

That lilttle package from wizards cost me £125 last Christmas so not a bad price at £80. Some people say the dish and motor are a little bit on the cheap side but at the end day it all works. Its definitely worth getting into sats, ask our friend 'notanotherone' he knows everything there is to know about it seen every video going on utube in fact you could even say 'what he doesn't know about sats you could write on the back of a tall skyscraper block'. lol. Sorry ted but have you joined our club yet?

pmsl :proud::proud::Cheers::Cheers:

@notanotherone u knew ud get this hehehhehe

Back