Thinking of getting into the sats

£80 is very cheap then!! i paid alot more than that for all mine but i needed special items due to it being mounted 35m from my living room

Think thats why my signal is a little weak on certain sats

You may want to check out your cable. The one supplied with most dishes is called RC6 and this is fine for shorts run up to 20m but if you going for longer than that than you need a CT100 cable which is fine for 35m or more.

That lilttle package from wizards cost me £125 last Christmas so not a bad price at £80. Some people say the dish and motor are a little bit on the cheap side but at the end day it all works. Its definitely worth getting into sats, ask our friend 'notanotherone' he knows everything there is to know about it seen every video going on utube in fact you could even say 'what he doesn't know about sats you could write on the back of a tall skyscraper block'. lol. Sorry ted but have you joined our club yet?

osborne82 Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious123
That lilttle package from wizards cost me £125 last Christmas so not a bad price at £80. Some people say the dish and motor are a little bit on the cheap side but at the end day it all works. Its definitely worth getting into sats, ask our friend 'notanotherone' he knows everything there is to know about it seen every video going on utube in fact you could even say 'what he doesn't know about sats you could write on the back of a tall skyscraper block'. lol. Sorry ted but have you joined our club yet?

pmsl

@notanotherone u knew ud get this hehehhehe

cheers guys :roflmao: all i can say anyone who wants to get into it is listen to the advice and try and do what these and most of the guys tell you :roflmao:i have been up that ladder more times than i care to think about in fact the mrs is serving my meals via helicopter i still havnt got it ,but im enjoying it hey i managed to get astra 28.2 np :roflmao:skyscrapper curious123 !try pertronis towers:roflmao:

You are one tough nut for sticking at it m8 and you done a lot better than I did at the same stage. I only managed to nail Thor by asking one of my daughters teachers for an orienteering compass so that I could point my dish due South accurately.

Last edited:
got the ok from her indoors to get a motorized setup

I've got a south facing wall to mount the dish and have a pretty much clear run on satellites to the east but there is a big fecking oak tree that would block anything more than 5 degrees west. I've got a technomate 1000 so would I be able to pick up the prem games, also does the techomate need a cam or to receive these channels.

In the meantime I've got a fixed sky disk, with the techomate which is the best satellite to point it at or is just best pointed at the current astra satellite

I'd just leave the sly dish pointing where it is

some advice make sure your box has an ethernet port otherwise you'll only end up wanting a new box in a few month

Right got my gear now, did not get a DM 800, still to dear, so went for an openmedia box.

Right here is the problem, have read up on installing the motorised dishes(very good they are too), have got my lat & lon but what angle do I set my dish at? On dishfinder for Thor sat it says the Elevation should be 31.2°, is that correct?

Thanks

Back