thinking of buying a dm800hd

emarald

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a DM800HD is this the best box? I have heard that it glitches on HD channels is this correct? or can this be fixed?, a little advice before I buy please.thanks

I think it's the best option at the moment for the price, yes it will glitch on HD but should be fixable with an in-line amp, some dealers are even doing the tuner mod to help improve the problem.

Had mine about a week now running the openPLi image with the rytec epg and I am impressed, made a shared folder on the PC and it will record and play back just fine.

There are a couple more issues to report, the remote is not the best sometimes you have to press it a couple of times, I have read that there is a mod for this! a new remote is about £30 on the other hand.

On mine the audio on Discovery HD is muffled at certain times, I got over this by selecting right audio channel only.

Unless you want to spend out £280 for the VU+ then I think that for the money it is a good buy, I paid £188 inc next day delivery from the UK.

Have it running as a card server also just internal but seems ok.

Frenchman

Back