Think this is a phishing scam!

Johny b good

Inactive User
Reaction score
This week I've had something on my pc, whenever I went onto a secure logging in page such as paypal or barclays it kept asking me for more information than required!
The paypal asked for credit card name, dob, mothers maiden name, social security number, bank acc number, pin number!
Barclays page kept asking me for the full password and phone pin number!
I dont know how they did it but I went to each site a number of times opened different pages but it still did the same, it's like a page came over the top of the original page.
Went on my work laptop to make sure an logged in first time both sites no probs so I new it was definately dodgy then!
Plus the lock symbol wasn't on the bottom tool bar.

Anybody else had any probs?

This week I've had something on my pc, whenever I went onto a secure logging in page such as paypal or barclays it kept asking me for more information than required!
The paypal asked for credit card name, dob, mothers maiden name, social security number, bank acc number, pin number!
Barclays page kept asking me for the full password and phone pin number!
I dont know how they did it but I went to each site a number of times opened different pages but it still did the same, it's like a page came over the top of the original page.
Went on my work laptop to make sure an logged in first time both sites no probs so I new it was definately dodgy then!
Plus the lock symbol wasn't on the bottom tool bar.

Anybody else had any probs?
ssound like a trojen

yup you got owned mate, best thing to do is a full format then change all your login info for your bank, paypal etc...

No the best idea is don't bank online at all.

Been on the internet since the old demon days when you used nos by ka9q when 1200baud was fast and I learnt early on don't give details online.

If you get ripped off your bank may reimberse you in the end, it took my sister in law just over a year and during that time she got blacklisted for credit and threatened with bankrupcy, she learnt the hard way.

THink I'll do a full format and start sgain as you sugested, and I wont be doin any bankin online again!
cheers

surely this isnt that common though it does happen just make sure your bank covers you from fraud over the net and use pay pal are sommick to pay for all your stuff then only one company have your details if i had plenty money i wouldnt use the net but as im skint eastwood i aint botherd :drink:

Back