Think that I have messed up neutrino.conf file and dbox turns off

Xssacutor

Inactive User
Reaction score
I applied my first new flash today (Cryo_Sportster_Pro_1.02_Ultra1.4b_2x), and all went OK until I was checking out the Audio Player settings and saw a sub-folder called 'radio'. I had opened that folder and of course it saved that change. I could not see a way to change it back to the parent level.

So I copied the neutrino.conf file to my PC and edited it using TextPad, saved it and FlashFXP'd it overwriting the original one.

Now when I turn/power on the dbox, the loading picture and flash image details show, but the globe in the LCD freezes after a few seconds and the box turns itself off (there is only the green indicator light on).

Therefore I cannot get to reflash using FlashFXP.

I have tried to use IFA, but again it needs the box to stay on for it to work (I assume so, because the messages were all in German).

How do I get my image back onto the box?

Is there some reset method that would wipe the image but allow it to stay powered on so that I can flassh using IFA?

And I thought I had been doing so well! :Clap:

TIA

The only way for you to get the box working again IS to use IFA.

See here for an english version. You need to turn the box on at the very last second just after you click ok. Have a search through the dbox section because this has been talked about many times.

Xssacutor said:
I applied my first new flash today (Cryo_Sportster_Pro_1.02_Ultra1.4b_2x), and all went OK until I was checking out the Audio Player settings and saw a sub-folder called 'radio'. I had opened that folder and of course it saved that change. I could not see a way to change it back to the parent level.

So I copied the neutrino.conf file to my PC and edited it using TextPad, saved it and FlashFXP'd it overwriting the original one.

Now when I turn/power on the dbox, the loading picture and flash image details show, but the globe in the LCD freezes after a few seconds and the box turns itself off (there is only the green indicator light on).

Therefore I cannot get to reflash using FlashFXP.

I have tried to use IFA, but again it needs the box to stay on for it to work (I assume so, because the messages were all in German).

How do I get my image back onto the box?

Is there some reset method that would wipe the image but allow it to stay powered on so that I can flassh using IFA?

And I thought I had been doing so well! :Clap:

TIA

what a naughty boy you are smck time i think lol

dont worry just reflash as devilfish says thats fine and also next time do backups as sometimes when i messup and the box shutsdown all the time as it boots up i use flash fxp and transfer the original file back on and the it shuts down turn on and all ok

cheers

Thanks guys for the help.

I just couldn't get IFA to work so I used a plain vanilla BootManager (isn't IFA just a fancy front end to that anyway?).

I was beginning to dispair as I must have tried all sorts of combinations of retatrting the dbox (holding buttons in etc) and pulling the plug out, and I was getting timeouts all the time when it eventually showed some signs of doing the correct thing.

Then, out of the blue, it all started to work!

It might be that I had forgotten to unplug the cable feed, or that I changed the BootManager IP details to a standard 192.168.0.2 - don't know, and don't want to experiment! :FRIGHT: LOL

I also don't want to go to the Audio Player settings, but am I correct in saying that there is no way to browse to the parent folder under the default folder (in Audio Player)?

Back