Think i been done!!!

liamrsi

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I havent tried it yet, but i have bought a 2000 pace box off of someone with IRD and BK on the bottom, i couldnt really read the BK so i punched the IRD into the database, and it spat out a BK, however, this was totally different to the one i have written on the box?

I then opened the box to check the IRD and there is a different one on the inside of the scart socket????

Have i been sold a dud, or do you think there might be a chance that the board has been changed?

Like i said, i havent tried it yet cos im at work, but i will tonight?

Could be that someone has swapped the board, or more likely the atmels have been reprogrammed - have a close look at the soldering to see if they've been lifted. Check in the engineers menu for the 'real' IRD (i.e. the IRD which is programmed onto the chips) - this may or may not be the same as the number on the scart or the number written on the bottom of the box.

not sure that you would find the bk off a 2000 in the database ...thought it was only used for the 1000....could b wrong as things change fast around here....: multi :

i know a few were on the db, but not many, however, i cant see why the ird is in the db for a bk, yet the bk on the box is diff, maybe the atmels have been lifted, or board changed, ill take a look tonight, program a fun and see wot happens!!!

Sounds like either a cloned box or someone has damaged the original atmels and replaced with a set from a duff box. The IRD written on the bottom may well match up with the one shown in eng menu and if it does the info is probably correct so might be worth another go at trying to decypher that written BK.

Just opened the box again, im in the middle of doing a fun and setting netid aswell, 2 chips are missing, U5600 & U5601, are these the atmels?

If not what are these, i am taking it that hopefully the BK and IRD will be ok!!

Not sure what chip numbers they will be but they won't be missing or your display would just show 8888. What you need to do first is convert the ird written on the bottom from hex to decimal then cross check that with the one shown in eng menu.

OK i went into Eng menu, and it gave me

Nagra Code: 12 ?? ?? ??

Correct to the IRD on the Box,

Also, the Talkback light flashed and went solid, not looking good right now!!

I thought it was possible to short the battery on these boxes aswell, but netid did not default to 09999?

Any Ideas

Not sure about talkback light or resetting net id (never seen a 2000 model) but at least you now have correct ird and know that you need to try and read that BK that is written underneath.

Just read the post, and for some reason i didnt need to convert to hex, it was already done?

On the Board, i have 2x Samsung chips next to where the LED Front panel plugs into the board, then i have 2 blank spaces, U5600 and U5601, then 2 Chips with ATMEL written on them, numbers U5602 & U5603.

There must have been chips here as it looks like thay have been de-soldered!

remove all cables then pull the red jumper for 30 seconds. the ram should clear and the net id will default.

been looking at this thread tbh and i can't see why you started saying you been done when you havn't even checked the box lmao!

best thing to do is set the box up to test it, let it up date on your feed when you have set the netid - then cut TB and check the details with card.

tbc

An IRD written as 12 xx xx xx is hex and the eng menu shows something like 30xxxxxxx (decimal) so to compare the 2 one would need to be converted to the other format. Some boards do have 2 spaces to the left of the 2 atmel chips so this may be quite normal for a 2000. They were chips in these locations on some earlier board revisions.

How come i got he IRD straight form the ENG menu?

Cant understand that?

The card in the box had no valid ATR string, so looks like it has had a mosc in there, i just put the funcard in with the netid funcard method on it, and the box didnt reboot itself?

TBC

Looking at the box, i didnt need to set it up, like i said, it has a BK and IRD on the bottom, They dont marry with the Boxes IRD, and when i punched the IRD into the DB, it gave me a completely different BK to what i had, wouldnt you believe you have been done no!

Could be that the 2000 displays it in hex form already in which case i apologise if i've only confused you further.

No No, thats what i thought,

Right, these ATMELS, did you say that if you remove them, the BK is under there?

So de-soldering them and looking underneath should in theory give me the BK?

Cheers

Last edited:
No, you said the BK was written on the bottom (underneath) of the box although it was hard to read. I'm afraid you'll have to try and work out what it says.

Oh, got a bit confused, just read about ATMELS, bit out of my depth!!

Right, the BK i have read now and that and the IRD do not match up at all to the box, all i keep saying to myself is, why?

Why put it there, especially when the IRD is incorrect compared to the Eng menu?

Is there any explanation at all, if not, anyone who is good with the Atmels close to Portsmouth Area.

I have in this case, now 2 to be read, both with only IRD's

Thanks

OK i went into Eng menu, and it gave me

Nagra Code: 12 ?? ?? ??

Correct to the IRD on the Box,

So does this mean that the one in eng menu matches the bar code label on top of scart socket but not the one the guy has written on the bottom of the box?

A couple of suggestions!!

Forget the difference between the ird's on the underside of the box and on the scart socket - the only one that matters is the one from the eng menu!! If that matches the one written on the bottom of the box then you are in luck and the BK will probably also be correctly written on the box!!

Assuming this is the case all you need to do is set your net id using either libdebug or funcard and then make a funcard using the details for your area!!

I would be surprised if someone would go to the trouble of writing the wrong details on the bottom of the box? If the case was changed perhaps, but i would still surprised!!!

If you check the ird in the eng menu and its different from the one on the bottom of the box dont give up hope just yet!! The bk may stilll be correct but you can only be sure when you make a funcard to test it!!

If its wrong you willl need to try the database or failing that lift the atmels and read them. Depending on your skills and availability of equipment it may be cheaper to get a different box rather than chase your tail to get a 2000 working!!

Remember the 2000 is an older box anyway and you could get it all going at some expense and plenty of ball ache for it to pack up on you!!!

Good Luck

Back