Thick American commentators

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm watching the Masters and Tiger Woods, obviously is one of the featured groups.
Twice now this same American commentator has said something along these lines. " If Tiger hadn't bogeyed the 5th and had made 3 relatively missed short putts, he could be 3 or 4 under and tied for the lead"

Doesn't the thick twat realise that if you apply that fuzzy logic to Woods then you have to apply it to the other 77 players

I was in America during the 1994 World Cup, only heard American commentators for the group stages & early knockout games. Terrible. Almost as if they'd never seen a game of 'soccer' before. They shipped Ian Darke in for QF & later games & though he was never my favourite commentator I do have a sympathetic ear for him now as I realise how good he was then compared to the Yanks.
Not just the golf @chookey.
HH.

They might be thick but at least their golf courses look stunning , trees, ponds, babbling brooks unlike over here were it looks like their playing over the Yorkshire Moors

During Fridays Masters highlights American commentators were heard to say, twice, that Matt Kucher was 3rd on the PGA list of "Bogey Avoidance" players!!!!!
I have been a golfer for more than 30 years but have never heard of a statistic called "Bogey Avoidance" Also, how would it be measured.
Can someone help me out here

Is it not just the length of time(amount of holes played) and no bogeys hit ?

The number of bogeys scored in x amount of rounds played as a percentage gives the player's "Bogey Avoidance" score. A pretty useless stat in my opinion. Low bogey scores are nothing without birdie or eagle putts.

I watched the 1982 World Cup Final in America. During the second half, an Italian player, who had already been booked, committed another foul; the commentator remarked that the player would need to be careful not to get another booking and be sent off, because Italy had already used their three substitutes and would not be able to replace him!

I heard one of my most loathed Americanisms today in my local Asda. A young mother,maybe late 20's was chastising her 7/8 year old son.

"Really! Are you serious"
"Are you being serious right now"
All said in a local Warwickshire accent.

I heard one of my most loathed Americanisms today in my local Asda. A young mother,maybe late 20's was chastising her 7/8 year old son.

"Really! Are you serious"
"Are you being serious right now"
All said in a local Warwickshire accent.

Funny you should say that, i was reading somewhere the other week that american parents are saying that their children are imitating and speaking with a british accents.. apparently children in america are picking it up from peppa pig.

'Peppa Pig' is causing American kids speak with British accents

Back