The Wembley trick and non update mod for DI4000

Jimbo

Inactive User
Reaction score
OK,

I am awiating the delivery of my new stb to replace my shorted one. Last Box was already Modded, I need some help (in preperation) with regards software revisions.

As I understand it , I will probably need to down grade to CR1 using the Wembley Trick (sounds quite straight forward) but can find no tuts or helpful posts regarding the non update Mod. The new box is a DI4000, The now duff box was a DI2000. I noticed the additional wiring between the chips.

The other thing that I am not 100% is on setting the Net ID, is the funcard method succsessful ?

Greatful for any help on this ! AS Always JIMBO

U will need an rs232 adapter to change net id on a 4000, they are only a few quid, u will also need a 4000 config file for libby. All details are on here but if ya get stuck let me know. The no update mod involves removing 2 little caps with a soldering iron, piece of cake and again there will be a tut, probably in angels guide.

Cheers DBOX8,

I will have another look over Angels guide
Isn't the RS232 the same cable that you attach your phoenix programmer to your pc to right tits ?

Jimbo said:
OK,
I am awiating the delivery of my new stb to replace my shorted one. Last Box was already Modded, I need some help (in preperation) with regards software revisions.
As I understand it , I will probably need to down grade to CR1 using the Wembley Trick (sounds quite straight forward) but can find no tuts or helpful posts regarding the non update Mod. The new box is a DI4000, The now duff box was a DI2000. I noticed the additional wiring between the chips.
The other thing that I am not 100% is on setting the Net ID, is the funcard method succsessful ?
Greatful for any help on this ! AS Always JIMBO

why downgrade to cr1 m8 ??, isn't your new box from your area ?

Downgrading your new box is a real bad plan, as you are going to be screwed once vod rolls out. If you're trying to use a 4000N in TW then you are going to hit big probs :(

I am in a Ex Cw area, I just understood that you needed to downgrade ?? Even better if that s not the case

I have just checked the Davic V Docsis tut and if i understood it correctly states that to get PPV you need to downgrade to CR1 for a DI4000 in a Ex CW area

That tut is way out of date - it used to be the case when everyone used funcards, but if you're using a tit or MOSC you will get PPV on CR3.2 (I think even a funcard works on CR3.2).

what makes you think you have to downgrade to get ppv m8--------"leave the box as it is and get yourself an atmega card" {you will be loseing ppv soon anyway if vod hasn't already come to your area}

No VOD in the Bournmouth area yet through N*L, havent seen or heard anything either. just checked their website nothing useful !!!!

Thanks GUYS

bammy said:
That tut is way out of date - it used to be the case when everyone used funcards, but if you're using a tit or MOSC you will get PPV on CR3.2 (I think even a funcard works on CR3.2).

Thats right mate. You can still get your front row (while it lasts) with a funcard on exc&w 3.2

If I remember rightly it was cr3 that was no good for ppv on a fun.

exoticasian30 said:
Thats right mate. You can still get your front row (while it lasts) with a funcard on exc&w 3.2
If I remember rightly it was cr3 that was no good for ppv on a fun.

Was using a TiT2, and intend to use it again, I assume there shouldnt be any problems with PPV

Back