the uk should leave the eu just because of the result of the vote but its such a shitty idea therre should be a second vote now its more clear whats g

joeblaze

DW Member +
Reaction score
Add her sums up at the bottom for me will ya it making my head spin.

Screenshot from 2019-09-12 22-25-25.png

The only people it works for here are her kind who are milking it dry, or should i say heating it up with their RHI boilers.

bamber

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Add her sums up at the bottom for me will ya it making my head spin.

View attachment 126354

The only people it works for here are her kind who are milking it dry, or should i say heating it up with their RHI boilers.
Well, it was a waste of half an hour reading all of that and it still hasn't made things much clearer. The only conclusion I would draw is that Northern Ireland is going to need subsidising for a long time and the only question is whether that money comes from the government in London or Dublin. Has anyone told the people of the Republic of Ireland how much unification would cost them?

joeblaze

DW Member +
Reaction score
Well, it was a waste of half an hour reading all of that and it still hasn't made things much clearer. The only conclusion I would draw is that Northern Ireland is going to need subsidising for a long time and the only question is whether that money comes from the government in London or Dublin. Has anyone told the people of the Republic of Ireland how much unification would cost them?
i wouldnt know where to start adding all that, i dont have the brain power lol. As an mp she must have access to accurate information on the costs. I dont know if you are an expert, but like i said in a previous reply, i went a few talks and debates etc on this over the summer, and some people who some other people consider experts disagree but they come up with some kind of formula where uk, irish and eu funding would be needed. but fk knows.

all are available to watch online.

Last edited:

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Does people forget why David Cameron allowed a Referendum vote?

He went to Brussels to renegotiate the EU deal we had and never really got what he went there for. If i remember correctly he really only got 3 out the 13 or 14 things he wanted, and those 3 were inconsequential. I still remember the look on his face when the meeting had concluded and he was making a statement to the press. He look deflated and was trying to lie and tell us what he got was a win!

It was then I decided that I'd vote to leave.

joeblaze

DW Member +
Reaction score
it was the 350m on the bus and farages nazi poster what done it. all bullshit.

joeblaze

DW Member +
Reaction score
Now i read some more shit saying we all going to be broke after unification. who knows whats gonna happen but bring it on. looks like dup are breaking when it comes to the crunch though dont it?

mapman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Eu is hell THE MPS WILL KEEP US inwe need to leave now.

bamber

DW Member ++
Reaction score
The UK already voted. There doesn't need to be another vote just because some people didn't like the outcome. That wouldn't be a democracy. It would be a mockery of it.
...and thinking that a decision taken in one vote should be binding forever is even less democratic. The essence of democracy is that anything which has been done can also be undone. If the majority still wants to leave when a deal is put to a referendum, then they will win again and remainers can't complain that people didn't know what they were voting for, so what is there to worry about?

joeblaze

DW Member +
Reaction score
The UK already voted. There doesn't need to be another vote just because some people didn't like the outcome. That wouldn't be a democracy. It would be a mockery of it.
why ever have any election ever again. if that the case. im sure you dont know even 1 thing now that you didnt know at the time of the referedum no one knows anything now that they didnt then so whats the point?

anyway thats not the referendum im interested in.

nara

Who?
VIP Member
Reaction score
...and thinking that a decision taken in one vote should be binding forever is even less democratic. The essence of democracy is that anything which has been done can also be undone. If the majority still wants to leave when a deal is put to a referendum, then they will win again and remainers can't complain that people didn't know what they were voting for, so what is there to worry about?

It’s becoming increasingly obvious that leavers are getting seriously worried about the possible outcome of another referendum.

digi247

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Scottish Independence Vote: "Once in a Lifetime"

EU Referendum Vote: "Once in a Lifetime"

Quite obviously stated on numerous Occasions "Once in a Lifetime" easily understood or should we do a best out of 5 scenario.

If Remain had won that would have been it, we would never have had a "let's have another vote because Leave lost"

Parliament will never let the UK leave seeing as out of 650 MP's 500+ are pro-remain no deal will ever get through.

Democracy in this country died on the 29th March 2019

JonMMM

DW Regular +
Reaction score
So its undemocratic to see if people still agree with what a slight majority voted on 3 years ago. The only reason Isolationists should not want another referendum is that they think that they have lost the popular vote. Really if not do it as a referendum that has to be followed and Parliament has no say

bamber

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Scottish Independence Vote: "Once in a Lifetime"

EU Referendum Vote: "Once in a Lifetime"

Quite obviously stated on numerous Occasions "Once in a Lifetime" easily understood or should we do a best out of 5 scenario.

If Remain had won that would have been it, we would never have had a "let's have another vote because Leave lost"

Parliament will never let the UK leave seeing as out of 650 MP's 500+ are pro-remain no deal will ever get through.

Democracy in this country died on the 29th March 2019
Well, Nicola Sturgeon hasn't accepted the Scottish referendum result as "once in a lifetime" has she? She's still campaigning just as hard for another vote, and quickly. Likewise, Nigel Farage (and others) would not have seen a remain vote in 2016, or in any new referendum, as a reason to give up fighting for what he wants. On the other hand, when they get the result they want, they will view the matter as decided forever, as they see a referendum as a one-way street.

McrRed

DW Member +
Reaction score
Joining the EEC in the first place was also a once in a lifetime vote...I'm still alive, (for now at least!) so we should stay 😁

joeblaze

DW Member +
Reaction score
i was always led to believe that if i done something unlawful and a judge had ruled it unlawful in court that there would be consequences.

is it always a crime if you do something unlawful?

would it be unusual for there to be no conseqences for a person when a judge has ruled he had done something unlawful?

this is genuine questions but i didnt want to start a whole new forum question

TEST