the uk should leave the eu just because of the result of the vote but its such a shitty idea therre should be a second vote now its more clear whats g

joeblaze

DW Member +
Reaction score
1 billion pounds per month.

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone thought that the EU might actually the problem with our Brexit withdrawal ?. It doesn't matter what deal Boris comes back with they'll reject.
As long as the remain MP's keep using the fear factor that we'll all starve and die of illness's as we head back to the dark ages overnight them I'm afraid idiots will believe them.
Some people are scared of their own shadow. Remember Edwina Currie's egg salmonella comment when she was an MP.
Sales of eggs plummeted 60 per cent overnight. The loss of revenue forced farmers to slaughter four million hens and destroy 400 million unwanted eggs.
And why?, because an MP said so...

Remainers will believe anything an MP says because they can't think for themselves.
So please tell me remainers, what magical perfect deal do you think you will be given by the EU that allows us to leave, stop freedom of movement and a free trade agreement?. Do you not think 2 PM's have not already asked for this and been flatly refused ?. I have not heard 1 single remain MP tell us what they would ask and get for the UK, not a single one. All's theyve done is knock back everything to gain power.As the EU have clearly said, it's there take it or leave it.
Remainers know a general election would vote a Brexit party / Tory party Alliance into power
So the questions there, please tell us all what you would ask Brussels for
(Pmsl before replies)

Last edited:

hoppy

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, 10'of 1000's of EU workers suffering with job losses to rules and regs implemented by their ruling body. Why do remainers think that it will only be the UK that suffer ?.
Your not the same gang who keep predicting when the world will end only to wake up the day after highly disappointed. Lighten up, you never know, you might actually enjoy not been ruled by a bunch a clueless nobheads in Brussels.
In any walk of business life, when you get back less than what you put in it's a reciepe for disaster.
Hands out I'll hold it
In any walk of business life, when you get back less than what you put in it's a reciepe for disaster.
After WW2 when the EEC was formed we decided to go on our own, it didn't work out that well and our growth was half of that who joined. We then spent the best part of 10 years trying to join and our economy improved shortly after joining. In the last 40yrs our GDP per person has grown faster than Italy, France and Germany, i'm not saying that's all down to the EU but it's fair to say we have prospered in the EU. Thatcher fought like hell for the single market, to give us equal footing with the rest of Europe and the end result is 46% of our total exports going to the EU. As for being ruled by "clueless nobheads in Brussels", well if we are so held back and restricted then why are we ranked 6th in the Worlds Banks survey on the ease of doing business with, (one place above America). Investors like countries with a solid framework and stable economy, they don't like uncertainty and the unknown which has already cost us badly but I guess that's the EU's fault as well.

You do seem really angry with the EU fella,, how will leaving the EU benefit you personally ?

Him Her

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol, good solid Remain reply, well done! How will leaving the EU benefit you personally? How will staying benefit you personally? All rather vague don't you think?

Personally, I think the UK will benefit from leaving the EU and getting back to co-operation, on trade primarily. That is what the EU is supposed to be about is it not?

Why would anyone want a political union? Why does the EU want greater integration militarily? What are they afraid of?

Oh, we might vote the wrong way. Again.

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Slightly off topic.

I made a post saying I was Stock piling the basics, tinned stuff, just in case. I personally thought i was mad, but tins i was buying would last for years and pretty cheap atm, so would use them eventually. I read today that I'm not the only person doing this and it seems its more 'Remainers' thats doing the stock piling.....

nara

Who?
VIP Member
Reaction score
I read today that I'm not the only person doing this and it seems its more 'Remainers' thats doing the stock piling.....
I could suggest that remainers are stockpiling because they’re smart enough to forsee the shit that’s going to hit the fan if we get a “no-deal” Brexit...but I wouldn’t do that, would I?

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I could suggest that remainers are stockpiling because they’re smart enough to forsee the shit that’s going to hit the fan if we get a “no-deal” Brexit...but I wouldn’t do that, would I?

...could also be seen that Remainers are not really thinking for themselves and not 'Foreseeing' anything.....but then I'm not saying that either.

It makes me laugh how each of our answers can be turned around and used against the other party. Brexit is a prime example of how the country is divided, so black and white with no middle ground or shades of grey!

Him Her

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really? What would this shit be @nara ? Business trades, not states. States merely tax it. There is just one additional piece of paperwork required in the event of no-deal and there are over one hundred locations set up in the UK to check these. Do you have any sensible links to support your assertions?

By the way, the word you are searching for is 'foresee'. There was me thinking Remain were better edgykated ;)

hoppy

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, good solid Remain reply, well done! How will leaving the EU benefit you personally? How will staying benefit you personally? All rather vague don't you think?
Not vague at all and staying in the EU would benefit me personally, I have a small stake in a business that relies heavily on quick logistics throughout the EU and it's future is uncertain as we may pay up to 25% more to export. Crashing out without a deal may impact on health, food and fuel and it also means we have "no" say at all now regarding EU policy.

Personally, I think the UK will benefit from leaving the EU and getting back to co-operation, on trade primarily. That is what the EU is supposed to be about is it not?
Yet we have developed quicker within the EU compared with France, Italy and Germany , how can we benefit by being weaker and smaller in a world being dominated by America, China and Russia. Also when it comes to doing any trade deals with other countries we are free to do so as EU members. Give me examples of the EU stopping us from doing our own deals outwith the EU?

Why would anyone want a political union? Why does the EU want greater integration militarily? What are they afraid of?
It's not about being afraid, it's about observing the big powers around us and acting accordingly . A political union is strong as we share technology and intelligence . This is where Britain views the EU different from other EU countries, for us it has always been about trade agreements and we have little passion for the EU which is one of the reasons we are leaving.

I respect the vote that we are leaving but I don't think it will benefit us in anyway. We should have left by now but our politicians have made a complete pigs ear of everything possible serving their own interests on both sides. I think people have voted on emotion and frustration at our own Government who have played a great PR game on blaming it on the EU. Only time will tell what happens but massive change to any economy in such a short space of time usually means impending disaster and simply saying we will be better off out the EU just makes no sense at all....

Fangface

Elite Member
Reaction score
That Scottish Court hearing in full.

This Boris Johnson laddie, is he a scunner?
Well he looks like a scunner.
Aye he does look like a scunner.
And he sounds like scunner.
Aye that's true too, sounds and looks like a scunner.
I think we should rule him to be in the eyes of the law a scunner.
Should we nae listen to some evidence and such?
Nae, it's not like we're a proper court. The sassanachs will sort the real legal stuff. Bucky?

Him Her

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh dear, where to begin? Let's start with your 25% extra to export, why is that? The EU trades more on WTO schedules than anything else. What do you export? Whatever it is you are subject to import tariffs across the world and the EU controls none of those. For example, JLR built a plant in Brazil because the EU had no deal to limit the horrendous import tariffs. Perhaps they could have done better but most of the EU trade deals operate under GATT XXIV, only a handful are fully ratified. Why do think that is? Why do you think the UK can't do better? The UK is not the 5th/6th largest trading nation in the world because it is in the EU surely?

As for doing trade deals outside the EU, that is impossible for member states, you can easily verify that. We can trade with whomsoever we wish but we cannot negotiate an FTA and all imports would be subject to EU tariff schedules. Again, this is easily verified.

As regards concerns about larger states such as America, China, Russia etc. do you not think NATO has been successful since WWII? Did we need to have political union for that? How is a political union stronger? Why is the Customs Union so restrictive? I get the common tariffs, that's part of being in a Customs Union, but why the political restrictions such as FoM, surely that should be a separate issue?

My personal view is that the UK should favour co-operation, be prepared to pay/invest in such co-operation, but be free to choose where it co-operates.

Him Her

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That Scottish Court hearing in full.

This Boris Johnson laddie, is he a scunner?
Well he looks like a scunner.
Aye he does look like a scunner.
And he sounds like scunner.
Aye that's true too, sounds and looks like a scunner.
I think we should rule him to be in the eyes of the law a scunner.
Should we nae listen to some evidence and such?
Nae, it's not like we're a proper court. The sassanachs will sort the real legal stuff. Bucky?
I guess we'll see what the Supreme Court have to say.

joeblaze

DW Member +
Reaction score
1 Billion pounds per month. How long before the english nationalists realise and start campaigning about that. Gonna be a good day when that happens.

bamber

DW Member ++
Reaction score
1 Billion pounds per month. How long before the english nationalists realise and start campaigning about that. Gonna be a good day when that happens.
You keep quoting this figure, but where did you get it from?

joeblaze

DW Member +
Reaction score
Emma Little Pengelly MP

silverdale said:

How are the returns on the £1 billion a month looking?

JonMMM

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Emma Little Pengelly MP

silverdale said:

How are the returns on the £1 billion a month looking?
Well the 1 billion is not confirmed but even if it was how much tax revenue is gained by access to the union?

i.e. how much money is gained by companies in the UK by direct access to the EU market and how much do they pay in tax, if that direct access was taken away how much money would they lose and how much less tax would they pay?

TEST