the uk should leave the eu just because of the result of the vote but its such a shitty idea therre should be a second vote now its more clear whats g

bamber

DW Member ++
Reaction score
i was always led to believe that if i done something unlawful and a judge had ruled it unlawful in court that there would be consequences.

is it always a crime if you do something unlawful?

would it be unusual for there to be no conseqences for a person when a judge has ruled he had done something unlawful?

this is genuine questions but i didnt want to start a whole new forum question
There is a technical difference between illegal and unlawful.

Something is illegal when there is a specific law forbidding it, which will also specify the punishment for wrongdoers.

Something is unlawful when there is no law allowing it, consequently there is no provision for punishment of wrongdoers and the legal remedy is to undo it. An example might be building a house without planning permission: the local authority will order it demolished but the owners will not be punished.

joeblaze

DW Member +
Reaction score
i knew there was a differance i thought it was more serious to do something unlawful. ive watch a few people try to explain it but you reply help me understand it better. cheers.

if i do something unlawful, if i make it right then no worries yeah?

joeblaze

DW Member +
Reaction score
There is a technical difference between illegal and unlawful.

Something is illegal when there is a specific law forbidding it, which will also specify the punishment for wrongdoers.

Something is unlawful when there is no law allowing it, consequently there is no provision for punishment of wrongdoers and the legal remedy is to undo it. An example might be building a house without planning permission: the local authority will order it demolished but the owners will not be punished.

people need to explain stuff to me like that instead of being complicated. i still probably dont know the whole differance but it help me understand better. if i dont something unlawful i dont really face much punishment if i make it right unless its also illegal. am i on the right track at all?

bono is planing a benefit concert for gb in 5 years time i hear, croke park

river4ever

river4ever
VIP Member
Reaction score
Going off thread slightly as bored of brexit after 3 years.
But more important...... sitting here watching UK news live. Why do news broadcasters reporting live at house of commons have to stand beside “complete lunatics” shouting live on TV and dressed like something out of coo coo’s nest.
These loopers must stay there 24 hours a day as its every live broadcast they are there.

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
While were going off thread. I think we should have a referendum on the future of the BBC.

The options:

1. Keep the BBC funded using public money for a TV license

or

2. Scrap the TV license and let the BBC advertise for their revenue

I know what i'd choose!

Him Her

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously considering just scrapping my TV license. I mainly watch the news and that has been absolutely dire for years. Not just the BBC mind, Sky, ITV and Channel 4 too, CH4 probably the worst with buffoon Snow but Buster Boulton is little better. Now, to cap it all, bloody Kay Burley has swopped slots to breakfast news. Aaargh, kill me now!

nara

Who?
VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting back on thread, slightly. Isn't it time that Boris (or anybody else for that matter), told the DUP to go f*ck themselves?

Fangface

Elite Member
Reaction score
Well done Boris... The remainers are now boxed in a corner.
If this deal is brought to Parliament on Saturday it does not matter if it passes or not. The PM has brought a deal to Parliament as per the Benn Bill so can now go to No-Deal Brexit if this is chucked out by the Remainer side.This news today has just negated the Benn Act, regardless of Parliament voting for or against it on Saturday.
Saturday is going to be very good. Quarter finals of the rugby in the morning then then quarter finals of the Brexit deal in the afternoon.
🎉🎉🎈🎈

Last edited:

JonMMM

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Well done Boris... The remainers are now boxed in a corner.
If this deal is brought to Parliament on Saturday it does not matter if it passes or not. The PM has brought a deal to Parliament as per the Benn Bill so can now go to No-Deal Brexit if this is chucked out by the Remainer side.This news today has just negated the Benn Act, regardless of Parliament voting for or against it on Saturday.
Saturday is going to be very good. Quarter finals of the rugby in the morning then then quarter finals of the Brexit deal in the afternoon.
🎉🎉🎈🎈
I am pretty sure that the Benn Act states that unless parliament agrees to either a deal or no deal then we have to ask for an extension.

nara

Who?
VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn’t too sure about the fine detail of The Benn Act, so did some reading, and JonMMM is correct Fangface.

Enjoy the Rugby.

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
That's assuming that the EU let's us have an extension. France, and other EU members, wants this over and done with one way or another. I'd seriously laugh my head off of boris did ask for one and it was denied...

Fangface

Elite Member
Reaction score
That's assuming that the EU let's us have an extension. France, and other EU members, wants this over and done with one way or another. I'd seriously laugh my head off of boris did ask for one and it was denied...
I would be quite happy for us to get kicked out just to get it over and done with.

The delicious irony for me would be Miller etc trying to sue the EU for illegally kicking us out.....in an EU court presumably.

HibbyDave

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be quite happy for us to get kicked out just to get it over and done with.

The delicious irony for me would be Miller etc trying to sue the EU for illegally kicking us out.....in an EU court presumably.
There's about as much chance of that as Holly Willoughby phoning me and saying " I've heard your a good ride ". ;)

river4ever

river4ever
VIP Member
Reaction score
It is fantastic news!!!!
EU & UK agrees!!!

Something is not right though.... not to long ago the DUP help conservatives.
After 3 years of this leave EU.

For fook sake people!!!... you want to leave Europe. Just clear off and leave us to live our lives.
The DUP is a primitive party that pulls the strings in england now.
The UK cant leave europe now on deal as it stands, because they are holding onto the last border they have.

HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED.
LOL!!
As much as those on the mainland want it done and dusted.
I say no more than this:
08B1FBC7-2D79-4625-AFB3-8B581A25CAA4.jpeg

river4ever

river4ever
VIP Member
Reaction score
You cant excuse ignorance.
😉

Just saying like.
😂

E2E77991-C0B1-432A-8DEE-321F45CF008C.gif

Last edited: