The story so far

I work in mysterious ways mate :)

But yes, they were all Sammys and Hitachis, the Benq hadn't even shown face at this time.

Surely spoofing the Hitachi's as Sammy's and vice versa caused issues if you didnt remove the TSOP?

Does the hitachi 59 pcb fit the 79, if so I should be able to sell that too.

Surely spoofing the Hitachi's as Sammy's and vice versa caused issues if you didnt remove the TSOP?

You (and a lot of others) seem to do things entirely different from me mate.

The tools you recommend people to use - I simply don't use.

Why would i want to remove the TSOP?

Any 360's I've done recently have either been Sammys, Hitachis or Benq's, some of the techniques I read on forums are simply not needed.

If you want proof, send me any drive (apart from ye olde famous fooker drives) and I'll return it fully tested with your chosen firmware installed.

Before you answer remind yourself that I stopped doing the free mods a long time ago, unless something radical has happened to the normal range of hackable drives then I simply don't follow you.

Last edited:
Yes a v59 board will fit in a v79 chassis, the board is slightly thicker I believe but it does fit.

@Witchy, Unless you have a native Sammy and Hitachi drive console, will cause alot of headaches testing a Sammy in a Hitachi console requires the drive sting to be changed ever since 30th August 2005 - due to E66.

If you didnt have one of each, mtkflash and/or Toolbox wouldnt see the drive as it'd be looking for a drive that was reporting as the other, regardless of your methods, now pre-78's you could force it to flash the sector for the Drive String, 78's require toolbox though ;)

Samsungs as Hitachis = nightmarer, I done one, can never remember how.

Back