The Stig Revealed

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
The Stig Revealed

the-stig-image-3-219946666.jpg

The High Court today refused to grant a temporary injunction preventing the revelation of the identity of Top Gear's The Stig.

The BBC had taken legal action to block publication by HarperCollins of an autobiography which would unmask the faceless mystery driver as Ben Collins.

Several racing drivers have been linked to the role, including former Formula One world champions Damon Hill and Michael Schumacher and - most recently - racing driver Collins, 33, who was a stunt double for James Bond.

Mr Collins was in court for part of today's hearing before leaving to return home to Bristol.

It claimed he is bound by a confidentiality agreement and that revealing who he is would spoil viewers' enjoyment of the popular BBC Two programme.

But, after more than a day of legal submissions in private before Mr Justice Morgan in London, lawyers for HarperCollins emerged to say the case had concluded in their favour.

Solicitor Robin Shaw said: "The judge has said he is not going to grant an injunction in this case.

Read more: The Stig revealed: Ben Collins unmasked as Top Gear's mystery racing driver after BBC lose court case to ban book - mirror.co.uk

Last edited:
shit i thought it would have been somone a bit more famous , well it takes the mystery out of watching top gear ,it was fun when you didnt know who the stig was,..

Last edited:
lol, read this in the paper last week... What an anti climax.

They must have paid him too much so he didn't give a s**t about coming out the closet!

in reality, who gives a fluck? is this what the babbc spend our license fee on, i wonder how much all that legal stuff cost then................kind of pisses you off when the cuntrys on its arse!

with it being the last series everyone wanted to keep this a secret to the end so they could have done a big unveiling went pear shaped me thinks

lol, ive know this for ages .....

he is well know for being a good driver if your in the sport ....

Don't see the big deal, the last stig done the same. Just get another one ffs.

Totally agree with monkey about who pays for such a stupid court case and waste of the courts time.

Its been said in The Sun that he was also a member of the SAS and taught them driving skills.
One bloke i wouldn't get into road rage with then lol.

in reality, who gives a fluck? is this what the babbc spend our license fee on, i wonder how much all that legal stuff cost then................kind of pisses you off when the cuntrys on its arse!

The licence fee is a very small part of the BBC's income. The majority of the BBC's income comes from selling the rights to broadcast shows to other countrys.

For example top gear is shown in another 90 country's to an estimated 400 million viewers.

The Fee allows the BBC to create the programmes we watch but the extra funds required come from selling the rights as mentioned above

This is still only hear say as no confirmation has been made by the BBC to my knowledge.

Until the reveal is done on Top Gear then we still won't know they could unvail someone else just to throw a spanner in the works.

Who will the next one be and will he see it through to the end or use it to his/her advantage financially.

Its a well known fact on the interweb there is more than one specific stig driver. Have a look on final gear.com, Personally i dont care lol

The licence fee is a very small part of the BBC's income.

In 2008-9 they collected £3.49 billion from the licence fee and £41.1 million from providing content to overseas broadcasters.

According to Wikipedia at least :)

Back