The snow on the Web page

phezo

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Is it just me or.....
Is the snow on the web pages eating up your CPU time, I like to have 10 or so pages open for referance reasons, and my CPU usage gets maxed out fast with the Snow :p.. any ideas on how i can turn it off? i tried a few internet viewing options, but alas my sorry butt couldnt get the right one :p

baaaa humbug Lol

BR
Phezo

Yep I noticed the CPU usage too. Best thing to do is find a web browser that support cookies but doesnt support javascript ;) There isnt an option to turn it off im afraid.... ask Mickie D (the boss!) if you want it removed :)

Liam

I am just a grass hopper Liam, i will hang out with less open pages till Xmas is over with, i aint one for upsetting the applecart :)

BR
Phezo

Yes, it sure is a CPU sucker. You can feel it even replying to messages. Firefox users can use adblock to nuke the snow.js script, though.

Yay, im firefox! How do i do that senor? (see... im a learner too ;))
UPDATE: No worries, done it :)

liamcrayden said:
Yay, im firefox! How do i do that senor? (see... im a learner too ;))
UPDATE: No worries, done it :)

LOL...You're a learner but you teach yourself.

de_deej

click on adblock look for script with snow in sentence click on it then ok reload page its gone. if you aint got adblock go firefox web site

Mmm. 100% cpu in Opera too.

I thought my lap was getting warm. :)

whistling said:
click on adblock look for script with snow in sentence click on it then ok reload page its gone. if you aint got adblock go firefox web site

thank god for that no more snow

cheers m8

it defo needs removing, theres much better ways to add snow than this

you miserable gits! more snow for me and some turkey curry and stella artois.......... oh and one of those 3 foot long toblerone's ... come on guys its nearly xmas......... yeeeeeeeeeeha

weird im running xp 64 bit and im only using 4% cpu with the pc running

lol
u guys need an upgrade :xmas:

open 6 or 7 pages of this then lets see you post back saying that lol :xmas:

5 pages

5 browser windows with snow on an Amd Athlon 64 3400+.

50-60% CPU usage.

Crazy

I would'nt like to put one to the test though,and don't forget to include a fire extinguisher if u upgrade to another AMD lol

hey 1 gig p3 no problems for me so let it snow let it snow let it snoooow.

well i just opened 10 instances of this web page and my pc is still only using between 4 and 10% cpu
did a screen print just incase anyone wants proof

there again i am running an amd xp 4800 x2 probably why its so low : santahat

Back