The reason I havent been about lately ;)

yeh mate it will make alot of people happy and a few unhappy

well done mate thats great work, it will save loads of people time and money

great work m8 . people can buy units from ebay now without the worry of wot drives in it .. on-lite next m8 lol

Good stuff, now get Podger to target the Lite-ons :)

:Clap:

Get Podger to target Lite-ons?

LMAO

His kids will need to go bed even sooner!!!!

you wanna see the readme that I got ith the test pack, confuddled, errm yes!!!

Although, it could help alot with the lite-ons, we can dump keys using mp3boy's batch files (not released) incase toolbox doesnt work for any reason.

I dont need to get podger to do anything, I didnt even know he was working on this until he MSN'd me asking to test, rest assured, he wont stop....Lite-On coming his way next week ;) He couldnt even source a v79 until April this year!

Just tried it on a 79 I got lying around and can't get it to work...Not that I'm blaming the software it's probably me lol

79 Drive connected via 6421a card...

Goes into mode b fine...Boot into windows...Play song fully...Play then pause...Fine

Now I think it's this bit I'm feckin up on...Unlock79 e ....

I get a few errors which apparently you should...then open FW toolbox 4.6 but drive wont dump??

This is what I get....

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\79 Unlock\plscsi>unlock79 e

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\79 Unlock\plscsi>Echo Eject the
disk
Eject the disk

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\79 Unlock\plscsi>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\79 Unlock\plscsi>rem Set (5B6) b
it 3 (Set5B6bit3.bin: 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 00)

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\79 Unlock\plscsi>plscsi -p -v -x
"55 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00" -o x08 -f Set5B6bit3.bin
'plscsi' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\79 Unlock\plscsi>plscsi -p -v -x
"E7 48 49 54 3B 07 00 00 00 00 00 01"
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\79 Unlock\plscsi>

Also, eject before unlock, it needs to to keep data in the RAM :)

Well done oggy mate.

And podger never ceases to impress me.

Great work lads.

I'd love to know how he worked this one out!

Play and audio file once then replay it and pause it!?

It's nuts. :)

@ Oggy, did podger explain the idea behind the audio track?

Unmodded 360's play audio cd backups? :)

The code is in there, not sure what one is in the final pack, it started as the IMGBurn 'completion' tune with a minor glitch but he coded it so the code was throughout, not sure if its just 'fuzz' now ??????

Any one?

He coded it so timing wasnt an issue because of my problems, I sussed it with an IDE hard drive inistead of SATA

The audio plays but injects code to the RAM, pausing it keeps the code there rather than looping back at the point of 'block'

Its all to technical for me, and the release notes were worse - podge just needed someone who he could trust and knew what they were doing, mp3boy wasnt involved until I asked podger as he had 4 79's to hand.

Podger didnt trust him too much at first incase he stole the credit, just as well I got mp3boy in on it as it was his message of 'It Works, thats a vaild 79 key , isnt it'

That then confirmed we had it, I just needed to land it before public release, 13 hours after first attempt I installed Windows on an IDE drive and it worked first time.

Then, podger went public.

Last edited:
Id say his track mite go to number 1 in the charts lolol.

Would you think maximus would have know of this all along but rather release a passkey for the financial gain?

Id say his track mite go to number 1 in the charts lolol.

Would you think maximus would have know of this all along but rather release a passkey for the financial gain?

No, he knew he could have applied the anti passkey patch, he must have.

If you read my post Here

You will see that podger did say to me he doesnt think it could be done software only because of the 'bit' protection.

This how Lite-Ons could be sussed, the CD loads code to the RAM.

Maybe people like podger deserve to have a holier than thou approach Cisk ;) :p

i did a 47 Hitachi the other day ( yea l know wow) is it much the same now then with this software ? have a few m8's l know r wanting for this

cheers .

wot does this mean please :

9. This is a tempory unlock, (0x5BD) is in RAM and would need to be done each time you power the drive, although I've posted how to by pass this with the drive unlocked with a passkey....

Last edited:
If you used Slax and Toolbox to mod the v46-v59 drives then its almost identical, you just need to unlock it first.

This is what I get....

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\79 Unlock\plscsi>unlock79 e

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\79 Unlock\plscsi>Echo Eject the
disk
Eject the disk

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\79 Unlock\plscsi>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\79 Unlock\plscsi>rem Set (5B6) b
it 3 (Set5B6bit3.bin: 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 00)

"55 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00" -o x08 -f Set5B6bit3.bin

"E7 48 49 54 3B 07 00 00 00 00 00 01"
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\79 Unlock\plscsi>

I know its sorted, did you use ---> Start->Run--> cmd?

Back