The reason I havent been about lately ;)

just a few things please

3. Put 79 in Mode B
3. Insert the CD in the 79 and play the track, wait for it to finish...(do u have remove from pc and plug xbox sata back in )
4. Then press play again and straight away pause it, you should hear some noise
5. Eject the disk, using the eject button not the PC ( it does something different)
6. Run the command in a command window ( is this just the run command in xp start menu ? )
79unlock h

cheers

just a few things please

3. Put 79 in Mode B
3. Insert the CD in the 79 and play the track, wait for it to finish...(do u have remove from pc and plug xbox sata back in )
4. Then press play again and straight away pause it, you should hear some noise
5. Eject the disk, using the eject button not the PC ( it does something different)
6. Run the command in a command window ( is this just the run command in xp start menu ? )
79unlock h

cheers

1. Nope keep 360 drive hooked up to PC....Play the Audio track by browsing to the My Computer>360 Drive...I used Media Player others have used VLC...
2. You would need to navigate to the folder that contains the 79unlock command ie C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\XBOX360\79 Unlock...Easiest way to do this is to install command here powertoy ...Then just open folder > Right Click > Open command prompt here

Well done lads, I may upgrade to a HDMI model too now.

1. Nope keep 360 drive hooked up to PC....Play the Audio track by browsing to the My Computer>360 Drive...I used Media Player others have used VLC...
2. You would need to navigate to the folder that contains the 79unlock command ie C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\XBOX360\79 Unlock...Easiest way to do this is to install command here powertoy ...Then just open folder > Right Click > Open command prompt here

cheers m8 , and do l use toolbx the same way l did for the 47 l did ?
m8's dropping his around tomorrow night
CB013882.jpg

Yeh same way......Open FW Toolbox....Raw Dump...Then a differential patch using the 78+ rule set....

Yeh same way......Open FW Toolbox....Raw Dump...Then a differential patch using the 78+ rule set....

sorry wots the different then u say 78+ rule set . do u mean u can use any ?
hit.jpg

me knowing nothin might help others lol

When you use the smart hack patcher to do a differential patch in Firmware Toolbox it will give you the option of like 78+ 8x , 78+ 12x ....

What I mean is use any of the 78+ drop down options...8x is the most popular ....

15wgxsp.jpg

Last edited:
thanks m8 . just read textbook again , memorys come back now lol , only used it the other day aswell lol

Also, try to use the unlock program in the root of C:

Dos has a character limit that causes issues so keep the directory as short as possible.

Smirnoff, Raw dump for 78/79 and Classic dump for v46->v59

defo havin problems with that side of things .. been going through the programs to make sure l have everything ready for my m8s one . but this is the only thing thats a problem at the minute getting the command to work , downloaded the program

think l have it now . just need to plug a drive now ,, cheers lads

You need to specify a drive letter ie 79unlock h (if h is the drive letter assigned to the 360 drive )

Its even telling you whats wrong lol

All this prep you have gone to you wanna hope he has got a 79 and not a Lite On lol

lol .. his elites just under a years old . ..looking forward to doing it now , if he changes his mind l'll have to buy one , if l cock it up l'll have to buy him one lol

sorry lads l would just edit but the functions not there ..admin . join my posts please lol ..anywho . l think this should me a sticky by the way , this is like inventing the wheel to xbox owners

hackable elites ..

done my elite today fantastic and one of the easiest ive done. a big thanks to everyone involved for this "fix"

swanny

so is this a permanent hack for the 79 drives? at start of this thread it says temp bit confused

Back