the Premiere League 2008/2009

saints33

Inactive User
Reaction score
With the fixtues out and the Euros finished, the time has come to start thinkng about the new season. Who do you think will be the player t watch out for, and who might be the surprise package in the PL this season.

Spurs may do better this year, maybe even Wigan.

Footballer wise I think Nasri or Deco may light up the football this season

I think torresssss will get better and better over the next few seasons man city looked like the supprise last season cant see them doing that again this seasons I think liverfool might push above chelsea and arsenal he is screaming for more money ?????????? Id like them to have a run with man-u

Liverpol never seem to do it unless its Europe, I keep wondering if anyone will break the top four monopoly but I cant see it. Torres was one hell of a signing with his best years ahead of him.

My view is the if Ronaldo stays, he will be unsettled so it may not be a good season for him.

Away from Ronaldo, Torres will get better for the next few years; but if Liverpool want to challenge for the PL title along with the CL then they rapidly need to improve their squad.

I'd like to see Spurs's new signing: Luka Modric (spelling!), just hope he settles in quickly just like Torres. From what I saw in the Euro's, he was a decent player.

Arsenal fans can also hope to see Eduardo back and such a horrific injury, and a long time sidelined. Good luck to the young Nasri aswell...:)

As a Utd fan, I think Ronaldo has to stay...if both parties can't agree terms then I would suggest Utd get as much as they can.

Further transfer talks I've heard of is the Robinho and Chelsea saga, which quite frankly I don't see happening. He wouldn't fit in the PL tbh...

Enough said lol

Cheers
Fizsparky

i think it'll be between utd & chelski again but if rumours are right and liverpool go for keane they could be in with a slight chance i'd keep alonso and forget about barry though, on ronaldo as a utd fan i think they should let him go, if he stays he's gonna get stick from all sides, but only got himself to blame for not speaking out and stating what he wanted to do with the money they should bid for santa cruz, deco at chelski will do ok but nothing special, arsenal should try and keep adebayor, didnt like him at first but he got better & better and they dont have anyone to replace him at the moment

Plus Adebayor has a decent price tag on him atm, which could increase after continuous good performances throughout the next few seasons.

Cheers
Fizsparky

I know it will be his second season but if Anderson plays every game for Man U I think he will be player of the year.
He looks an awsome talent.

i think the player who to look out for will be barry if liverpool sign him but his talent will go by unnoticed if strikers bang in 25/30 goals

i got a feelin if liverpool by some decent quaity this year and maybe a striker for torres maybe theyll finish 2nd behind manutd, how the fook they can demand 10m for crocuh is unbeliveable

1 manu
2 liverpool
3 chelsea
4 aston villa
5 arsenal

i dont think man u need to sign any players this year , maybe january theyll buy big

chelsea new manager and players a think cost them few points at start untill they gel

ENGLANDS TOO MUCH MONEY SEND SOME TO THE SCOTTISH CLUBS :Cheers:

Back