The latest Win 10 Update

nara

Who?
VIP Member
Reaction score
Installed this morning and seems to have really ****ed up my computer. PissedOff.gif

Anyone else had any problems, and is there any way to reverse it?

have seen few reports of bad updates most seem to be graphics card drive related
locks brightness to max users cannot adjust it a downgrade of drivers seem to sort it

also its best to disable antivirus software prior to installing updates as some are known to mess it up

A bit of Googling helped me sort the repeated, "phantom drive almost full" warnings, which seem to one of the main problems people are having.

Now to tackle the minor glitches. :mad:

I keep my wifi setting as 'metered' so only receive critical updates. Once I'm happy all (ok, most of) the bugs have been squashed I'll change it to let the update happen.
The o/h's HP did get the update last week. It changed a few settings but everything seems OK, touch wood.....

their are reports of a good few issues even ssd drive issue windows defender the list is endless

just some
Windows 10 April Update problems:
Delayed mouse reactions:
Some people are observing mouse movements and cursor speed different than before. The cause of this Windows April Update issue is not known.

Unusable microphone
In case you aren’t able to use the mic on the device, go to Settings > Privacy. See if microphone access is allowed for apps. If you suspect there is something wrong with the hardware, the Sound also includes a tool to test the microphone.

Context menu doesn’t appear
For some Windows 10 users, the taskbar context menu is missing. No solution for this Windows bug is available.

Edge browser can’t start
On some PCs, Edge doesn’t start even after doing a reset. The cause and solution of the problem are yet to be known.

Delay in Alt +Tab
There is a delay when people use Alt+Tab keyboard shortcut to switch between active apps.
Chrome freezes

some info
Things wrong with the UI/UX in the Windows 10 April 2018 Update

their are more

their are reports of a good few issues even ssd drive issue windows defender the list is endless

just some
Windows 10 April Update problems:
Delayed mouse reactions:
Some people are observing mouse movements and cursor speed different than before. The cause of this Windows April Update issue is not known.

Unusable microphone
In case you aren’t able to use the mic on the device, go to Settings > Privacy. See if microphone access is allowed for apps. If you suspect there is something wrong with the hardware, the Sound also includes a tool to test the microphone.

Context menu doesn’t appear
For some Windows 10 users, the taskbar context menu is missing. No solution for this Windows bug is available.

Edge browser can’t start
On some PCs, Edge doesn’t start even after doing a reset. The cause and solution of the problem are yet to be known.

Delay in Alt +Tab
There is a delay when people use Alt+Tab keyboard shortcut to switch between active apps.
Chrome freezes

some info
Things wrong with the UI/UX in the Windows 10 April 2018 Update

their are more
FFS lol

Probably be a goid idea to disable auto updates indefinately and just ride the storm untill a bug free service pack is on offer. :)

And always have a backup image saved somewhere.

only issue I've noticed is I had to reinstall my printer as it wouldent work after i updated

the other thing to note is the size of the download, similar to nvidia drivers - these things are getting HUUGEEEEE

When updating windows 10, you can download Realtek HD Audio Driver for used to manage controls and play sounds using the audio card. Realtek HD Audio Driver is the most essential driver which helps to manage the sound settings in Windows operating system. You will get a working user interface for managing sounds known as Realtek HD audio manager which comes with Realtek audio driver.

I've had enough of windows 10 now, will be reinstalling win 7 after Monday. I've had an ongoing issue for a few months now where either my mouse or lan connection randomly fails to re-initialise when coming out of sleep.
A shame really as I quite liked win 10

i installed it also and dind't run into direct problems however a mate did and lost a part of its pictures

Back