The greatest goal scored in the English game?...........

Yeah, good one m8 :)

Remember one by Giggs not too long ago, running from his own half. Think it was against the Arse in the FA Cup. Awesome. :)

The Bard said:
Yeah, good one m8 :)
Remember one by Giggs not too long ago, running from his own half. Think it was against the Arse in the FA Cup. Awesome. :)

being a MAN U fan m8, i remember it really well

it was in the year we won the TREBLE...............

Found a link to it here. All 3 goals were special.

_http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/TheFACup/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2005/04/FACup_SF_1999.htm

wanky mancs lol

best goal was dennis bergkamp vrs newcastle (when all the press said he never ment it).

what about the henry goal against the mancs FLICK UP.... VOLLEY .... wheres the ball lmao .... its in the goal lol ;)

no serious my favourite goal was burgers when he scored that amazing goal (either last season or season before from well outside the box)

what a great goal that clip is above ;)

anyone remember Benito Carbone's goal for Sheffield wednesday against blackburn in 97. ok we lost 7-2 that nite. But that goal was 40 yard screamer.
Oh oh hello. is how I sum up that goal.

If I had to pick my best premiership goal it would be bergkamps goal against leicester city.
I also remember Ian wright scoring a great goal for Arsenal against Everton. were he fipped it over 2 defenders and then the goal keeper.

hmmm I shouldn't phase Arsenal to much tho, being a Wednesday fan. I went to 2 cup finals in 1993 and we lost both to Arsenal.

Gotta be Geoff hurst in the 1966 World cup final ;) ... They think it's all over .... It Is now !

Also Seem to remember Paulo di Canio's goal against us a few years wasn't TOO bad ... lol

le tissiers beats em all no probs b4 anyone asks wat one ALL OF THEM

Isn't that Rat lurking in your obscenely large avatar pmsl :)

Yep, le Tissier was a scorer of fantastic goals, but always played hot and cold.
When he fancied it he was special tho'.

my top five recent ones would be in order...

Bergkamp Goal vs Leicester 1997-98.
As Wenger said, "The best Technical Goal Ever"
Amazing Trapping,
Wonderful Control,
Sublime Finish.
That was the best Techinical Goal Ever

Tony Yeboah vs Liverpool, 1995- An amazing volley hit with immense strength, almost shattering the crossbar

henry''s goal against pool .he ran past so many pool defenders adn then turned carra inside out adn made him land on his back side adn then the effortless finish

Bergkamp vs Newcastle,

Henry vs Man United, 2000- If you've listened to Andy Gray's commentary to this, then you appreciate the skill even more/ or Henry vs Spurs either 2002 or 2003

i have the double dvd of henrys and berkamps first 100 goals for the gunners, neither of them score many "ordinary" goals, even to non-arsenal fans the skill is apperent.

im sure all fans have their own fav goals of their own particular teams.

i am just glad we have those two :)

this is a goal from pre-season this year by tt (henry) i know this is only against wien austria but i dont recon any defence or keeper would have saved this goal with the control and shot.

Last edited:
Mickie D said:
wanky mancs lol
best goal was dennis bergkamp vrs newcastle (when all the press said he never ment it).
what about the henry goal against the mancs FLICK UP.... VOLLEY .... wheres the ball lmao .... its in the goal lol ;)
no serious my favourite goal was burgers when he scored that amazing goal (either last season or season before from well outside the box)
what a great goal that clip is above ;)

none of them even close to giggsy's goal, when u consider what it led to and what had just happened before (we were on the edge of defeat with arsenal having a penalty which was subsequently saved) not to mention that it was a pure moment of brilliance!

VIERA OHWHOA,
VIERA OHWHOA,
HE GAVE RYAN GIGGS THE BALL,
AND ARSENAL WON F*** ALL,
VIERA OHWHOA,
VIERA OHWHOA

Gazza V Scotland

gazza's goal against scotland ran through the middle, flicked the ball over the head of colin hendry and hit it on the volley into the goal. then celebrated with the dentist chair routine.

great

8780davy

Back