The future is bright -> DREAMBOX 500 PVR

birkenhead

Inactive User
Reaction score
Thanks to Jazz Qwerty (on another furum) for bringing this to are attention....

http://www.bfm-satshop.de/pd-2017064195.htm

Looks like a kit to install a HDD + Interface in the the DM500, pictures show a DM500S but there's no technical reasons why it won't work in the DM500C aswell.

Posted by neilpercy (onanother forum)

Found this over at >>> http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/B...e/News/news.php

Next TV generation with Dream

New Dreamboxes at IFA with
plug & play tuner
Lünen, 4. August 2005. Dream, the leading manufacturer of Linux-based Set-Top-Boxes, presents at the Internationale Funkausstellung in Berlin the new generation of Dreamboxes. Thanks to the plug & play-tuner for digital satellite-, cable-, and antennas reception they provide a maximum of flexibility.
For the interested public Dream introduces for the first time the DM 7025 at the IFA. Beside an enhanced hardware (300 MHz processor, 128 MB DDR RAM, 32 MB flash) the DM 7025 has two pluggable Tuner (plug & play). Due to the twin-tuner and PVR-technology you are able to watch a program while recording another one on the hard disk, which can be provided upon request.

Newly made is also the DM 500 PVR. The smallest Linux-receiver in the world is now equipped with pluggable plug & play single tuner either for DVB-S, -C, and –T. On top of that the PVR-box is featured with a standard 2,5-inch hard disk and hence, becomes most probably the smallest Linux-based hard disk receiver worldwide.
Also the DM 5620 becomes a successor. The DM 6000 has a single-lined, graphic display and can be equipped with a hard disk just like the 7000 series. It also has a pluggable single-tuner and like all other Dreamboxes a 10/100 Mbit compatible Ehternet interface.

We welcome at the IFA hall2.1, booth 230. We look forward to meeting you.

MMMMMM...my mouth is watering....i was hoping some clever dick would do this......any idea on price ? also the only drawback i can think of is how much would a 80gb+ 2.5"" HDD cost ?

well the box is £129 + HHD? that the best we can guess at the moment but can't see it hitting £200.

hopefully

birkenhead said:
well the box is £129 + HHD? that the best we can guess at the moment but can't see it hitting £200.

hopefully

A little kit to modify exisiting boxes would also be something we may be able to expect, seems daft for DM not to do it.

just had a look in mine and there is no ide connector nor anything that looks like it can be connected to.....

so it looks like we will have to wait for the new one to come out...

sijones said:
just had a look in mine and there is no ide connector nor anything that looks like it can be connected to.....

so it looks like we will have to wait for the new one to come out...

There is def a kit for one of the other boxes just cannot remember where I saw it, but it's sold in Germany as an addon.

k-net2020 said:
There is def a kit for one of the other boxes just cannot remember where I saw it, but it's sold in Germany as an addon.

well did have a really good look but no luck on any kit.... so would love to see the link if you can find it a again

hint: install google desktop (the best search engine in the world even your cache)

Still waiting for my db to arrive. But I have a network hard disk it just plugs directly into the router no ip address just some software on the computer so it can see it. Could not this work if plugged directly into the db with the software loaded in to the db?

Does anyone know if this will actually be released and when ? dreambox should start lookng in to making a dreambox with hard drive and hdtv ready.

Back