The Exorsist + Banned

faisalpandu

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I jus wanted to know which exorcist movie came ot and was banned. whats is it called and is it avialable anywhere i.e torrents

The 1973 version was banned in many theaters as it was deemed "too frightening".

It's tame by todays standards though.

It'll be available in all the usual places.

There's some Exorcist trivia HERE

If you ask me...the Omen trilogy are much better movies.

The Original Exorcist was banned during the 1980's 'Video Nasty Act', which led to massive hype and an equally massive disspointment once it was re-released in the cinema and eventually re-released on Video.

It's an OK film and it certainly has it's moments but it's very tame compared to modern horrors.

I agree with Seedy, the Omens are far better.

Greatest horror ever made, banned due to people being sick in the cinema and such. First film of its type.

Also others banned included:

Driller Killer
Spit on your grave
Cannibal Ferrox
Clockwork Orange (Removed by director from circulation)

And loads others I cannot name. Personally seen them all, and dont know why any were banned.

Wasn't the Evil Dead banned for a while, think the release now has the tree rape scene cut

Wasn't the Evil Dead banned for a while, think the release now has the tree rape scene cut

Yes m8 it was,one of the first videos i rented out,i remember it well cuz my mum walked out the lounge cuz she said the film was disgusting lol

Greatest horror ever made, banned due to people being sick in the cinema and such. First film of its type.

Also others banned included:

Driller Killer
Spit on your grave
Cannibal Ferrox
Clockwork Orange (Removed by director from circulation)

And loads others I cannot name. Personally seen them all, and dont know why any were banned.

The Exorcist is overhyped and boring as hell in parts, there are many many far scarier movies around, but for it's time in the early 70's it was pretty shocking.

Drillier Killer - Utter Garbage with a soundtrack by unheard of punk bands.

I Spit on your Grave - Story about a woman that gets raped (quite brutally) then seeks revenge on the gang that did it, caused a lot of hype because in one scene she is seen giving a guy a wank in a bath then she reaches over, grabs a knife and chops off his willy! - boring shit, stuff you mother would like.

Cannibal Ferox - Guts and gore galore like every other Cannibal Film, weak story but plenty of blood and fleshy bits :)

Clockwork Orange - Strange one this, again completely overrated by most people, watchable.

Zombie Flesh Eaters is a classic, good story and creepy as fook, brilliant soundtrack aswell.

Peter Jacksons Bad Taste, Braindamage etc all came out after the video act was relaxed, brilliant independant films :)

Yes m8 it was,one of the first videos i rented out,i remember it well cuz my mum walked out the lounge cuz she said the film was disgusting lol

This was probably the 2nd video casette I'd ever rented. I was about 11 and our local newsagent had a video section, they'd rent anything to anyone. I grabbed Evil Dead after having seen the amazing cinema trailers on the tv the year before but I was too young to see it in the cinema, so I paid my £1 to the man behind the desk and he let me rent out The Evil Dead - lol 11 year old renting Evil Dead - no wionder they brought in the Video Nasty Act :)

To this day I still say it is a work of sheer excellence, cheap as fook but really well executed, an absolute classic :)

which is the best modern horror film. the reason is bcause me mates want to watch a really scary horror film. we thought exorcist 1973 was scary but turn out it wasnt one of me mates was falling asleep. any modern day horrors that really scare you.

It's all down to personal taste mate, many people think the Exorcist is the best yet like your mate, it bored me to tears.

I prefer creepy ghost stories over slasher / monster films.

Back