The End Is Here

maggot

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well guys after reading though most of the posts here it seems as though it's game over for us all. I actually have had a good 5 year run so cant complain. I have now ordered VM HD which will be installed in the comming weeks even though my box is still up and running.

I will be watching the world cup in HD very soon and I guess the good old Dbox will get sent off in style to live it's final days in the attick. It's been good guys

:) see you all around the other sections

VM will no doubt present you with a backdated invoice for 5 years of services rendered before turning on the new feed!

Be sad to see it go been using chipped box, then d box since 1997 had my monies worth......and its still going strong here in B`ham.......but the end is nigh.........however sat and c/s is the future get on it similar linux based machines good fun

Been on for bout 5 years now and still going too. Just bought a vu+ and going to have a play with satellite. Not giving up just yet.
Wizbit77
p.s. thought mine had gone off as new cards have all been issued in my area, but a quick renew of the cables.sml has given it a new (although temporary) burst of life.

Last edited:
Hey guys well my Virgin installation has been completed and im very happy with it the dbox has now retired :)

not sure what to do with it :| well I will give it some thought tomorrow

i sold me old dbox on ebay the other week, couldnt belive it, it went for £40 lol, still i paid £250 on whim for it about 6 years from a chinese guy from bowlers ;)

i sold me old dbox on ebay the other week, couldnt belive it, it went for £40 lol, still i paid £250 on whim for it about 6 years from a chinese guy from bowlers ;)

have u been to him lately @ bowlers ...he is selling sum interesting things lol

got a good few years use out of my dbox so cant realy complain. lets hope theres a fix before the new football season starts.

got a good few years use out of my dbox so cant realy complain. lets hope theres a fix before the new football season starts.

There isn't going to be a fix, this is nagra3, take a look around the forums, you might as well throw your box in the bin.

There isn't going to be a fix, this is nagra3, take a look around the forums, you might as well throw your box in the bin.
The dbox2 can do more things than just give you free tv eva, so to me it would be a waste of such a good box to just chuck in the bin.

well i have sadly let me dbox go now bye bye

moved to sly platform at a rip of price as per usual.

in the process of buying a motorised setup :)

Yup me too, the old D-Box is now sitting in the attic, I ordered the Virgin HD box and not impressed by their small number of HD channels, and to get this 'full range' of HD channels (all twelve at last count) I had to take the XL TV offering ☹ but on the other hand I've had 5 years out of my D-Box so swings and roundabouts eh.

Yup me too, the old D-Box is now sitting in the attic, I ordered the Virgin HD box and not impressed by their small number of HD channels, and to get this 'full range' of HD channels (all twelve at last count) I had to take the XL TV offering ☹ but on the other hand I've had 5 years out of my D-Box so swings and roundabouts eh.

There is more HD content coming on VM - the full range of Sky HD channels I believe (Sky Movies, Sky Sports etc.)

And there is HD content on VOD so I suppose that will make it more worth while.

Back