The A-Team

Air wolf is another i keep watching, amazing how he get a Mig fighter in his sights but a Phantom jet blows up or the helicopters completely change shape lol

Hahahaha yeah mate - I think I remember reading how Airwolf producers would buy leftover stunt footage from bigger budget action films where planes and helicopters were being 'blown up' - and they just used to edit that footage into Airwolf!!

Either way, yer man Stringfellow Hawk sure was one bad Vietnam veteran mofo and a proper moody bastard... I'm sure he was the only 'hero' out of all them kids shows (A-Team, Knight Rider etc) who used to actually kill his bad guys!

any of you guys ever watched Riptide http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086789/

Don't think we ever got that show over here in UK mate... I used to watch all of those sort of programmes as a kid (Airwolf, McGyver, Fall Guy, Streethawk, Hardcastle & McCormack, Automan, Blue Thunder etc - loved all of them) but I don't remember ever seeing Riptide.

who the hell names their kid 'stringfellow hawke' that is beyond rationalisation.

also a coptrer could not go that fast, it would have no lift, hell the rotors would of been ripped off!

blue thunder was more viable!

who the hell names their kid 'stringfellow hawke' that is beyond rationalisation.

also a coptrer could not go that fast, it would have no lift, hell the rotors would of been ripped off!

blue thunder was more viable!
but helicopters go (almost) that fast now, check out the Kamow KA-50 Hokum.

? it was in the first hulk movie, it was so cool, flown it in comanche v hokum on the pc, why?

The project was shelved - the US armed forces canned it for being unrealistic I think. i.e. it cost too much and was way too late.

Let them make room in the hanger for UAVs instead.

The project was shelved - the US armed forces canned it for being unrealistic I think. i.e. it cost too much and was way too late.

Let them make room in the hanger for UAVs instead.

uav's or ucav's are the future as i have said before.

back on topic, anyone watch 'voyage to the bottom of the sea', it was a yellow sub with a flying sub detachment, genius, episode that sticks to mind was a werewolf one.

uav's or ucav's are the future as i have said before.

back on topic, anyone watch 'voyage to the bottom of the sea', it was a yellow sub with a flying sub detachment, genius, episode that sticks to mind was a werewolf one.
werewolf at the bottom of the sea?

I haven't heard of half the series you guys have mentioned. I think back in the day we could only tune into to BBC1 and BBC2 in black 'n white. ITV was a luxury we couldn't afford to tune into :)

What about the Equaliser, used to love that, though Ewar Woowar was the most unlikely hero.

Edward Woodward was the toughest granddad to ever grace ITV. One of the forum members has paid the ultimate homage to him by calling himself The Equaliser.

What about the Equaliser, used to love that, though Ewar Woowar was the most unlikely hero.

oooooooooooh you guys are killing me with the retro!!! i used to love The Equalizer!

Edward Woodward driving round NYC in the Jag helping out victims by beating the shite out of scumbags, gangsters and low-lifes!

And wasnt he a single dad or divorced or something too? I seem to remember he used to have to juggle his busy schedule of crime-fighting with spending time with his son?! So 1980s!!

Edward Woodward was the English granddad version of Steven Seagal with his dodgy aikido locks.

I'd forgotten that he drove around in a Jag in NY, how cheesy.

oh The Professionals was another good un, right hard nuts was Bodie n Doyle in their Ford Capri.

Back