Thanks Gilberto and good luck (v.Good player)

hatab

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Premier League - Gilberto joins Panathinaikos

Eurosport - Thu, 17 Jul 18:05:00 2008

Arsenal midfielder Gilberto Silva has completed his move to Panathinaikos to bring to an end his six-year association with the Gunners.
FOOTBALL gilberto silva - 0
More Stories

* Player profile: Gilberto Silva

The Brazilian, a former Arsenal captain, has passed a medical and signed for the Greek club.

Panathinaikos president Nikos Pateras met Gilberto's representatives last week and thrashed out a deal after the Gunners accepted an offer of around £1million to bring to an end the 31-year-old's six-year stay in north London.

Gilberto revealed a "hunger for titles" and the chance to work with Henk ten Cate were the motivating factors for his decision to sign a three-year deal with the Athens club which makes him the highest paid player in Greek football.

"I'm hungry to win more titles,'' said Gilberto after penning his contract.

"I came to Greece because I have big ambitions, it's very important for me to be able to continue to give my best. [Henk] ten Cate is a coach I know from his time at Chelsea and I'm looking forward to working with him.

"The people here at Panathinaikos made the decision to come here very easy, I couldn't say no to the offer from the club."

Gilberto was mobbed by around 1,500 Pana fans at Athens' Eleftherios Venizelos airport when he arrived in the Greek capital.

"I'm sure we will qualify through to the group stages of the Champions League and I'm exited about being a Panathinaikos player.''

Arsenal will receive a fee of just under £1million for the player, who will reportedly earn nearly £6million over the duration of his contract, making him by far the best paid player in the country.
SportingLife / Eurosport

i noticed this aswell if you goto

www.arsenal.com (i know it might pain a few lol)

But there is one page for hleb leaving and 5 for gilberto saying thanks for his time and efforts lol

That speaks volumes to me about how they saw hleb and gilberto (both leaving)

good luck to gilberto he needed first team football and could not be garunteed at arsenal he was a true professional and won things with the gooners unlike some that jump ship without winning anything lol :)

well don gilberto and all the best M8

i noticed this aswell if you goto

www.arsenal.com (i know it might pain a few lol)

But there is one page for hleb leaving and 5 for gilberto saying thanks for his time and efforts lol

That speaks volumes to me about how they saw hleb and gilberto (both leaving)

good luck to gilberto he needed first team football and could not be garunteed at arsenal he was a true professional and won things with the gooners unlike some that jump ship without winning anything lol

well don gilberto and all the best M8

Mickie I was just wondering, as an Arsenal fan, are you worried about all these players leaving the club, it seems like all your best players are leaving and Adabyor could be next...

why should any Arsenal fans be worried ?

as a gooner of 38 years ive seen them come and ive seen them go, this manager has a nack of getting rid at the right time. some players have gone on to win at other clubs but on the whole most have already peeked whilst at Arsenal.

Adabyor was a bit player 2 seasons ago along with flamini, when others were moved on they stepped up and performed, i have faith in Wenger that he either has a replacment to come in or he has room for an existing player to step up.

on a completely different subject

the team for the friendly at barnet on saturday has been named 20 in the squad and i was told 11 are home countries players......

good luck to gilberto he needed first team football and could not be garunteed at arsenal he was a true professional and won things with the gooners unlike some that jump ship without winning anything lol :)

couldnt have put it better myslef. if players just stick with it and try and win something the wealth will follow at arsenal. What also gets me is that most who do transfer to big clubs abroad will most likely end up on the bench......go figure LOL

As you say gilberto was a true professional

Back