TFT Monitor Problem

Aku-Aku

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a problem with my lcd monitor,When i turn it on the screen just flashes on/off every few seconds.

I went into PCWorld today and told them about this problem and they said there was nothing they could do as they dont repair tft monitors and she said once they've knacked up they are more or less unrepairable.

Is this true? my guarantee run out a while ago.
Any advice would be appriciated

It might be repairable, as there are companies out there that do it. But it might be uneconomical, and just cheaper to get a new one as its probs over 2 year old?

Look here
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
for a general guide.
you might find cheaper though!

Cheers for that link,
yeah monitors over 2 years old,looks like i might as well save for a new one as theres some cheap ones on Ebuyer.com

might be a plan to test it on a m8 pc as i have seen sometimes that it down to the gfxp card that some monitors will not work ,,long shot but just might work

If it has an external power supply make sure it's not the power supply that's on the blink. Also, as previously pointed out, try it on another PC/graphics card or check your graphics card with another monitor. Don't bin it until you are certain that it's bust !

Mike

Thanks for the replies
I tried it on another pc and still screen flashes on/off every 5 secs but i noticed that when the screen goes blank the green light on the AC Adapter also goes off so ill have to try another power supply i suppose.

That sounds like the power supply is cycling and possibly the problem... If you no someone who dabbles in electronics they could test the PSU (On load) or power the monitor from a bench PSU....

Just passing on what I would do as a process of elimination!

If PSU is faulty u could probably order one online from http://www.cpc.co.uk as they stock a large range of replacements, just make sure you get the voltage and wattage correct.

Regards

Coolur

Back