Testers required for Mac Generator & Modem Reseter Programs (Ambit 200 & 250 only)

Have you found any of the Apps usefull?

• Yes

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Ambit 200 Mac Generator / Good

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Ambit 200 Mac Generator / Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ambit 250 Mac Generator / Good

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Ambit 250 Mac Generator / Bad

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Ambit 200 Modem Reseter / Good

• Ambit 200 Modem Reseter / Bad

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Ambit 250 Modem Reseter / Good

• Ambit 250 Modem Reseter / Bad

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

cableguy69

Can anybody who's got a 200 or 250 modem who fancies trying these out post your comments in this thread and vote in the poll. The poll will run for 56 days and you can select multiple choices.

(The files have had to be uploaded to a third party site)

Regards CG69

snakegamer said:
This is all my programs put together in 1 place (The latest versions), These are as follows:

ModemReset : This programs macs into your modem, it detects if the internet is working and if it isn't it reprograms your modem and resets it.

MacGenerator: This program tests macs, it also generates macs (using either the last or the last bytes of a given mac), it also can generate random macs, and you can give it a mac list and it will report back exactly which macs work.

The Components enclosed are for all the programs, use Regsvr32 to register them if they dont exist on your system (Not bothering with a setup as all 4 would need 1 and its a waste of space.)

Also you need the MAX232 Serial Cable for thses programs to work

Both these programs have been written and tested for the 200 and the 250 modems.

Do not use the 250 programs on other types of modem it may break them.

Use all of these at your own risk.

Note:

The 200 modem resetter has a fix which will bring back dead modems killed by NTHELL's latest thing to stop 200 modems working (I do not know if this will work with sigma 200's).

Here's the Link http://d.turboupload.com/d/1517489/Snake_Gamers_Mac_Apps.rar.html
When you click the link you'll need to wait 30 seconds to be redirected to the download.

How do we get the download to work mate, i cant get it to work ??

you got to wait 30 seconds

i voted for 250 modem resetter i thought u meant the mac change app ;( the only prob with these seems to be having the 232 cable connected, it would be easier and probably more popular if it could be done through ethernet (like the mac change app)

ps what does the 250 modem resetter do?

am i blind or summit, i still cant get the download ????????

am i blind or summit, i still cant get the download ????????

do you want a spoon ? :D

click the link

wait 30 seconds

click download file

enter code (small caps)

click download page

then move down to 'click here to download file' ...

do you want a spoon ? :D

click the link

wait 30 seconds

click download file

enter code (small caps)

click download page

then move down to 'click here to download file' ...

Done that, is it snake gamers mac apps, is that the correct file ??? thats whats coming up ?

LOL, ok, why didnt someone say that, hehehehe, cheers anyway mate. :)

tried it but im using vista and can not get it too run and dont know how to get any of the Components installed eg COMDLG32.OCX and MSCOMM32.OCX etc
anyone got any ideas please

Ok, ive managed to get the macgenerator program going, but i cant work out how to test macs, i have hundreds of macs saved from years ago and i want to test them to see if they are still live n kicking, can someone tell me how to do this using the macgenerator program please, theres no instuctions, thanks :)

tried it but im using vista and can not get it too run and dont know how to get any of the Components installed eg COMDLG32.OCX and MSCOMM32.OCX etc
anyone got any ideas please

don't know about Vista mate have you read the nfo on regging those .ocx files?

'copy to your system32 folder and register

register by using start / run and typing in the run box "regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\filename.ocx" (without the quotes)'

@thomson ... have you got the 232 attached?

tbh these progs aren't much use to me right now but I can see the potential in them and well done snakie for writing them ;) get em on ethernet lol

don't know about Vista mate have you read the nfo on regging those .ocx files?

'copy to your system32 folder and register

register by using start / run and typing in the run box "regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\filename.ocx" (without the quotes)'

@thomson ... have you got the 232 attached?

tbh these progs aren't much use to me right now but I can see the potential in them and well done snakie for writing them ;) get em on ethernet lol

ohh, i havent got the 232 attached, LOL, i guess thats the problem, hehe.

yes i have tried it with the info on read me file but no luck oh well never mind cheers

Not sure if Vista supports this

I have not tried myself but I was told that it did not work in a beta of vista, (Basically that vista no longer supported controls to talk through the serial ports and nowadays people use USB), however I have not confirmed this but if anyone has any info on this then I would be gratefull.

The reason that I use the max323 and not the ethernet is that with 200 modems U cannot use the ethernet and the progs were designed originally for 200's. I could modify the 250 version to use the ethernet possibly but that requires quite a major rewrite.

Back