[TEST] Upnp via the Dbox

pt-1

Inactive User
Reaction score
1 chip image -->here<--

OK,

the link for the Image above only last's 7 Days so be quick to download it.

The Image is originally in German but it can be set into English. I have attached a translated english.locale that can be uploaded to /share/tuxbox/neutrino/locale and overwrite the original one.

THE IMAGE IS A JFFS IMAGE AND SHOULD BE EASILY BE CONVERTED INTO A 2X IMAGE AND FURTHER MODDING FOR UK USAGE SHOULD BE POSSIBLE ;-)
USERNAME : root
PASSWORD : dbox
IP: 192.168.0.204

Press Dbox Key
Choose Settings (5)
Choose Netzwerk (4) and change your IP so you can ftp

After this
Press Dbox Key
Choose Settings (5)
Choose Sprache

What is Upnp ? Please read here for a detailed description.

In simple words the new Upnp Client on the Dbox browses the Network for Upnp Servers that advertise themselve.

You can then choose the Upnp Server via Dbox Key, 4 Upnp and browse the content.

The Music for example is divided by Artist,Albums etc.

The nice bit about it is that you no longer need to map a drive or anything. Basically without any Network knowledge and just and running Upnp Server (Windows Media Player) you can now easily use the Dbox as a Streaming Client.

Please test this above software as it also includes the long awaited VLC Fix !!!

Tested with Twonky Media Version 4.2 Beta 3b & Version 4.2 Beta 6

upnp0ys0.png

upnp1ti1.png

upnp2tk8.png

upnp3kx9.png

upnp4fz9.png

Unfortunately it did not find my XBMC (Jan07) but that might be the
XBMC ;-)
Not tested with Nero MediaHome

Test with Windows Media Player 11

upnp5lm2.png

upnp7ac3.png

upnp6iw3.png

No Videos or Photos at present but that might be implemented later.

At least no longer any fiddeling with mapped drives or anything, just select the Upnp Server.

OK,

done a bit more testing ;-)

Twonky for Windows and Windows Media Player 11 again

MP3 Playback is ok, for WMA it shows no recource
upnp8az4.png

Pictures show no recource for JPG
upnp9es2.png

Basically a test with Nero Media Home would be nice as Nero Media Home can do re-coding into Mpg2 or Mpeg but I am unsure if I can test this in the next few days.

1x Image here
2x Image old Uboot here
2x Image new Uboot here

Maybe for fun try a ./djmount /mnt/pic -ddebug or djmount /mnt/pic -ddebug via Telnet to get some Debug Info about your Upnp Server

What you can also try and I think might work (I ran out of time) is to actually press the Dbox Key.

Select the Upnp browser and then press Ok on one of your Upnp servers

then press home

Then press Dbox Key and choose Picture Viewer and select /tmp/fuse and then browse trough as this is the directory were the Upnp Server get's mapped ;-)

Upnp on Neutrino is still in development:

image047xf1.jpg

image046oc5.jpg

image045jm4.jpg

------->1x Image to test
------->2x Image to test

Above Images are in English but NOT setup for UK Usage !! They have DHCP activated on bootup but you get prompted to accept language and then change Network settings.

NO UCODES NO KEYS NO EMUS !!! Test Only !! CVS 29.05.2007

They include this latest Diff -->here<-- by Houdini that should fix splitProtocol and Multicast Issues

Update 30.05.2007

Thanks to Houdini as he added a new Feature to show Artist/Titel/Album etc. of a played song.

At present this prevents the running time to be shown but I assume he will fix this too

[IMAGE-CREATORS]

You need this --->Diff<---

and then copy --->these<--- files over as Houdini has not generated a new set of diffs yet
[/IMAGE-CREATORS]

upnphoudini300507ie8.png

Image is in English and will ask for the Network Settings when booting first.
It is set to DHCP and for Upnp you will need to set a Gateway in case you are using a fixed IP Address

--->1x Image to test CVS Date 30.05.2006 (moviebrowser fix for automatic scanning is now configurable)
--->2x Image to test CVS Date 30.05.2006 (moviebrowser fix for automatic scanning is now configurable)

No Dbox Shot installed in this Image so Click on Tools and then yInstaller
You will need to download Dboxshot from --->here<---

or you can download these as they include Nirvana's ->latest<- Sectiosnd --->Diff<--- thx to Innuendo for creating the diff.

1x Image
2x Image

More development on the Gui:

a30rb5.png

a31ii6.png

The latest diff is -->here<--

If you wanna build your Own Test Image you can use the following newmake:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Feel free to report back but I can't provide any new Image as present as something on the CVS in Germany is not working

how hard would it be to get this on to the dreambox?

German CVS Date 05.06.2007

Image 1x --->HERE

Image 2x --->HERE

Above Images are JFFS so you can add/modify for your own settings.

The Images are Setup in English on Bootup and are set to DHCP.

You can manually assign a IP and you need a Gateway and DNS/Nameserver to make it work.

Reported Upnp Servers that do not work:
NeroMediaHome
XBMC Upnp Server

Working Upnp Servers:
Microsoft MediaPlayer 11
TwonkyVision
Azureus (Shows up but I have not configured it yet to share)

At present only music can be streamed at it is still in early development but soon more features will be added.

No complicated mapped drives need to be setup on the Dbox !!

Hi,
any new image where this solution has been implemented please?
Thanks a lot.

thanks for the tip.

I have blade trinity final in my sagem and I have modified it a bit so it works here in Euskadi, so far so god, autoroll and video player fine now it is time to learn how this upnp works.
1.- I have installed wmp11 (I had wmp10 and I could not find where to share the media)
2.- I have enable sharing the media (Administrator account needed to do that)
3. - DBox has recoginized the upnp server inmediatly
4.- Windows XP has asked for permisions as it found a new device (dbox) so I gave it permission.

but i have a small problem... I have over 10000 mp3 files and it seems like the player needs to read all those files before you start doing anything... I though the dbox had frozen but waited a bit and in the end I saw all my files order like in wmp11 but then reproducing the files was a bit choopy, need to learn more about this.... will keep playing and update accordingly.

Anybody else trying this?

Last edited:
well... I have not found a way of improving performance here so I am back to mounting directories, which works very well for me I must say....

Back