Terrorists 'use Down's syndrome suicide bombers' to kill

Munkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
REMOTE-CONTROLLED explosives strapped to two women with Down's syndrome were detonated in co-ordinated attacks on pet bazaars in Baghdad yesterday, Iraqi officials said.
The explosions – which Iraqi officials said were detonated by mobile phone, suggesting the women may not have been aware of what was happening – killed at least 73 people and wounded more than 160 in the deadliest day since the United States sent 30,000 extra troops to the capital in spring last year.

The attacks happened at the central al-Ghazl market, where at least 46 were killed, and a market in the New Baghdad area.

Brigadier-General Qassim al-Moussawi, the chief Iraqi military spokesman in Baghdad, claimed that both the women involved, who were killed, had Down's syndrome.

"The operation was carried out by two booby-trapped mentally disabled women," he said.

"Forensic and bomb squad experts as well as the people and traders of al-Shorja area of the carpet market have confirmed that the woman who was blown up there today was often in the area and was mentally disabled.

"In the New Baghdad area, the shop owners and customers of the pet market confirmed that the woman who was blown up there was mentally disabled as well," Brig-Gen Moussawi said.

"The al-Qaeda terrorists and criminals are proud of this method."

Ryan Crocker, the US ambassador to Iraq, said the bombings showed that a resilient al-Qaeda had "found a different, deadly way" to try to destabilise Iraq.

"There is nothing they won't do if they think it will work in creating carnage and the political fall-out that comes from that," he said.

Condoleezza Rice, the US secretary of state, said the use of the women proved al-Qaeda was "the most brutal and bankrupt of movements" and would strengthen Iraqi resolve to reject terrorism. "It certainly underscores and affirms the decision of the Iraqi people that there is no political programme here that is acceptable to a civilised society," she said.

The first attack happened at about 10:20am in the al-Ghazl market. The weekly bazaar has been bombed several times since the war started but recently had re-emerged as a popular place to shop and stroll as Baghdad security improved and a Friday ban on driving was lifted.

About 20 minutes later, a second bomb went off at a bird market in a predominantly Shiite area of south-eastern Baghdad. That blast killed as many as 27 people and wounded 67, according to officials.

One witness, who declined to be identified, said the woman said she had birds to sell, then blew up as people gathered around to inspect them.

The attacks were the latest in a series of violent incidents that have been chipping away at Iraqi confidence in the permanence of recent security gains.

Jalal Talabani, Iraq's president, said a total of about 70 people were killed in both attacks, which he said were committed by terrorists motivated by revenge and "to show that they are still able to stop the march of history and of our people toward reconciliation".

One pigeon vendor said the market had been particularly busy because the weather had improved.

"I have been going to the pet market with my friend every Friday, selling and buying pigeons," said Ali Ahmed, who was hit by shrapnel in his legs and chest.

"It was nice weather today and the market was so crowded."

He said he was worried about his friend, Zaki, who disappeared after the blast, about 40 yards away.

"I just remember the horrible scene of the bodies of dead and wounded people mixed with the blood of animals and birds, then I found myself lying in a hospital bed," Mr Ali said.

Source: http://news.scotsman.com/world/Terrorists-39use-Down39s-syndrome-suicide.3737669.jp

I read a similar story about children with downs syndrome children being used as suicide bombers in The London Paper yesterday. I was flabbergasted and simply couldn't believe that sunni muslims would stoop to such a low level in the name of Islam.

Upon reading up on this some more I found the story above in the New Scotsman. Strangely this is the first time I have read about such tactics being used to kill innocent people.

This story did get me thinking about our chances to defeat Islamic terrorism and I have to think that they are not good. Our laws dont even allow us to keep guys like Abu Qatada in jail , people like him orchestrate this type of violence. They OTOH are free to use whatever tactics they please. Can we really expect to win the war against such barbarian opposition when we are trying to fight with one arm tied behind out backs by all the PC brigade?

you have to understand that these are twisted people carrying out inhumane attacks not condoned in any religion but they have convinced themselves otherwise by misinterpreting the religion.

I am a muslim and I know these people are going to hell for the murder of innocents.

yes they might very well end up in hell for this - but that doesnt stop them from thinking they are right and doesnt stop them from committing these crimes.

Using disabled people to carry out suicide attacks isnt just an immoral act in the eyes of religion, its a crime against humanity.

Suicide bombing and terrorism is a crime against humanity. using mentally handicap to carry it out goes even beyond that m8. Absoloutly fucking desperate if you ask me. Im surprised they dont strap bomb belts to dogs aswell. They are worthless sick bastards.

I read about an 8 year old girl being used and abused for this.
How low can these bastards sink.

Simply put they are just cowardly bastards and should be shot on sight, non of the PC crap.

@ zhinkler, sadly mate it depends on how you read the Quran, and in some ways it is quite easy to say that it does condone these acts.

I just wish there was some way we could end it all.
There is ! get rid of the PC brigade who want to protect these arseholes, get rid of the Human rights bill and fight dirty like these sick fucks, set up hit squads and take them all out

There is ! get rid of the PC brigade who want to protect these arseholes, get rid of the Human rights bill and fight dirty like these sick fucks, set up hit squads and take them all out

very well put :Clap:

If only we could.

nothing the UN forces is doing over there is working, pull all the troops out and let them blow the shit out of them selfs

fook being humane, politically correct or whatever other spin you want to put on it, terrorists are scum, theyre worse than scum, theyre a lower form of existence than amoeba shit, the same as these so called 'hate preachers' what we need is a vigilante sniper to put one right between their eyes on the mosque steps while they preach their crap, itd only need for 3 of them to be shot in public and itd stop

blowing up kids and the less able to kill other innocent people in the name of religion, i still say ban it all

agreed... this is shocking.. the world super power has other priorities in her mind.. rather then thinking why this is happening..

I always think that these people are not right in thier mind anyway.. and its ridiculous how they involve religion to it...

I dont think the PC Brigade are there to protect terrorists.
Well they seem to always be hovering about when the Security forces are trying to keep known terrorists locked up!

And there is no human rights bill in the UK, instead there is the human rights act which can be found here: http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts1998/ukpga_19980042_en_1
Bill, Act all the same m8

I think it would be more sensible to go and sort out the terrorists over there (where ever they are) instead of removing rights from people in the UK.
The human rights act does nothing for the normal person in this country all it does is act as a tool to beat the security forces over the head to stop them doing their job properly (ie - deporting this scum from our shores) the human rights act was put in place by a load of PC brigade tossers and should be abolished ASAP

twiseted sons of b*tches!

thats not right

they basically used 2 disabled women to comit suicide and murder

fookin pisses me off

the guys who planned this should be killed very very slowly!

So I guess the point I laboured to make there is this: balls to the alleged PC brigade, I couldnt give a monkeys about them. And balls to removing rights from people in the UK in the off chance it would reduce terror attacks - its a form of capitulation.

I used to agree with you. But this is a time of war, and war neccesitates a reduction of freedom.

The reason the police are so stretched is beause they spend time chasing the modshacks of this world instead of finding and convicting killers, and our ideological enemies.

As for the PC brigade hovering about the security forces, I am sure our soldiers would love to see these people hanging out with them in Helmland as they decide who is shooting at them etc. As it happens, they dont - so to say they are hampering the armed forces etc, is also incorrect.

If you bothered to read what I said properly, I said they are always hovering about when the security forces are trying to keep them locked up ie-: when they make an appeal for freedom in court over here and quote the Human rights act and the PC dickhead brigade pander to it, as I said abolish the Human Rights act and put an end to these scumbag muslim terrorists evading justice

And for the security services over here? Well that would be the police and the intelligence wouldnt it? Right now the police are stretched so thin they cab barely handle some rangers fans who get upset over somone not paying the meter (and that isnt aimed at football fans at all) - its either that or they are being used as a political yo-yo whenever the government decides it has a new intiative on this crime, or that crime.

Without the Human rights act the Police/security forces hands would not be tied behind their backs and they would not waste months and months of hard intelligence work to deport someone only to see these do gooding cnuts keep them in this country on a human right technicality

And balls to removing rights from people in the UK in the off chance it would reduce terror attacks - its a form of capitulation.

Just what do you think the average person would loose in the UK if the human right act was abolished ? we did perfectly well before it came to be, it's not like we're some third world state with some tyranical leader is it ? only people I see it serving is the terrorists and cnuts like amnesty international and the rest of the do gooders

I am personally sick about hearing time after time about our boys(and girls) getting blown to shit, why cant we just pull them out and nuke the shithole.

Just turn it into sandcastles lol

I am personally sick about hearing time after time about our boys(and girls) getting blown to shit, why cant we just pull them out and nuke the shithole.

Just turn it into sandcastles lol

someone buy that man a bag of pork scratchings, well said that guy

in 8 years time its be lovely ground to grow spuds in

As for nuking the problem areas, I am starting to think that if we could get away with it, then we should. But only if it would garuantee the problem would be solved.

I dont know about a guarantee chum but can promise that it would certainly help the situation !

you would need to get all the terrorists in the same spot to do it - if even one got away then they would convert others to their cause.

Not if they were "enemies of the state" and simply hunted down and shot, not jailed, shot.

No court date for scum like this, killing members of the army etc should be accepted as a declaration of war and as such we can simply shoot them on site, they would all be combatants.

Would be interesting to see how many "activists" there would be then :SHOOTING:

Back