Tempted to stop visiting this site

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamba

Inactive User
Reaction score
I starting to find some of the posts on the site really depressing and, to be honest, they are starting to make me wonder what I'm doing here.

Do we really need threads like:

Taxpayers face £100,000 bill after police force fails to find Sikh-friendly helmet

Addicts cost taxpayers £800,000

Wickes...rename racist shed preserver..

These sort of threads just stir up trouble and, for me, lower the tone and otherwise friendly nature of this site.

its a site where allsorts of stuff, including news stories get discussed m8, and as theres so many members, all with differing opinions, sometimes not everyone will see eye to eye

dont let it get you down :)

its a site where allsorts of stuff, including news stories get discussed m8, and as theres so many members, all with differing opinions, sometimes not everyone will see eye to eye

dont let it get you down :)

agreed, unfortunately this is what life is about and especially with current times, there will always be somthing if not in here then in the paper, on TV or from a word of mouth that will either get you down, depressed or angered.
Best we can do is take such topics with a pinch a sault.

well i know that you are a respected member here you have even made me laugh with a few of your posts but the fact of the matter is this world isnt a barrel of laughs hey i wish it was it will be a great shame if you leave i for one will be sorry to see you go but at the same time not all bad news needs to be posted but there is still an audence for it and thats why it wont go away but i do hope you choose to just ignore the bad news and stick around

kind regards maggot

all of the storys are in the news hamba be it BBC,Yahoo etc

only difference is you dont get to air your opinion on the sites you get the storys from

members post them here and then other members get to have there say
like digi said not everyone agrees with each other

the best thing to do is if you dont like a thread or you can see it going the way you dont like,is not to read it anymore

I tend to keep out of the sports section and the the news stories I dont like the look of the title
that way I dont get angry or upset :)

Ive bit my lip many a time on threads I dont agree with

would be a real shame if you was to leave us hamba

Stick around hamba m8. I know that it's pretty depressing on here at the moment, and I would agree with you that most of those threads are posted with pretty obvious intent, but this place used to be fun once-upon-a-time. Things can only improve.

I think it might be a good idea if the Mods move some of the topics that might cause controversy to the Rant room. I personally/occasionally go into the Rant and Main Site News channels which most of the controversal topics should be.

Don`t go m8,many people on here have alot of "respect" for you and i`m sure would miss you.

I think it might be a good idea if the Mods move some of the topics that might cause controversy to the Rant room. I personally/occasionally go into the Rant and Main Site News channels which most of the controversal topics should be.

when mods move a news story to the rant room, it gets questioned by members why, as its news, not a rant, the ranting comes from members disagreeing with each other while airing their views of the story

when mods delete a story in case it kicks off, it gets questioned by members who want to discuss the story, and we get accused of censorship and all that crap

when mods leave a story in place for people to openly discuss and fall out, it gets questioned by members as to why it wasnt deleted or closed before everyone kicked off

if you see something you dont like, dont look at it again, its pretty simple really, unless youre looking for reasons to be confrontational over whatever the topic happens to be

things i dont like i avoid, things i dont agree with, i say i dont agree with them, then avoid them

its simple really

I starting to find some of the posts on the site really depressing and, to be honest, they are starting to make me wonder what I'm doing here.

Taxpayers face £100,000 bill after police force fails to find Sikh-friendly helmet

These sort of threads just stir up trouble and, for me, lower the tone and otherwise friendly nature of this site.

i no what you mean mate, but i choose to ignore these threads for a reason. if you dont like the title then you probably wont like whats inside. i seen the addicts thread but chose not to read it as things like that get on my nerves. but you cant stop people putting these threads up as they want to discuss these thing with other people. im sure every one doesnt like every thread that gets posted but they can choose to read it or not read it. well i do anyway.

I am interested in the news and like to keep up with what is going on in the world: that is not the problem.

My problem is with news that is posted because it courts controversy.

When I used to post a lot in the news section I mostly posted stuff related to technology, science and media - in other words, stuff related to the main subjects on this site.

I avoided subjects that I felt strongly about because I didn't want to impose my own political leanings.

I know I don't have to read the threads I don't like the look of but I have a great affection for this site and many of the people on it and I do feel that a lot of these posts change the quality and tone of the site: and not for the better.

Hamba i have a lot of respect for you and see you as one of the good guys on here lol. But i think you are a wee bit off the mark m8. If you dont like dont read and dont comment thats what i do.
There are more posts you like than there are you dont so dont throw the baby out with the bath water m8. Stick around please.

seen a few post myself the last few weeks that made me think the same .things like anti-depressents and stuff really down and out threads ...but i guess we all have our own veiws and some peeps think its ok and some dont ...
hey m8 stick around your 1 of the better members on here ...
think since the cable section has gone many peeps just post crap ...like me lol..:Clap:

I am interested in the news and like to keep up with what is going on in the world: that is not the problem.

My problem is with news that is posted because it courts controversy.

When I used to post a lot in the news section I mostly posted stuff related to technology, science and media - in other words, stuff related to the main subjects on this site.

I avoided subjects that I felt strongly about because I didn't want to impose my own political leanings.

I know I don't have to read the threads I don't like the look of but I have a great affection for this site and many of the people on it and I do feel that a lot of these posts change the quality and tone of the site: and not for the better.
do what i do m8 just bypass them

Wow, this post has come as a bit of a shock from you Hamba.

You post a lot of news articles on here and I love it when you do as I miss a lot in the general press and for me to catch them on here makes it worthwhile you posting them. I would like you to stay and keep up the good work. We all like a debate now and again, some turn nasty, some are good banter but that is what happens in normal life. Just like the banter down the pub, each night is different banter, some turn sour whilst others turn out to be a great good old fashioned chat.

We all get down now and again mate, I know for fact you love this site and respect it and it is all down to members such as yourself that make the site what it is.

Hope you stay mate, chin up and enjoy the site and us lot for what we are.

Hope to see you around for a while yet.

Col.

Tempted to stop visiting this site

I avoided subjects that I felt strongly about because I didn't want to impose my own political leanings

Seems by your own admission that's what you are trying to do, and no one member is bigger than this site so may I be the first to say good bye and good luck

Just try and ignore these type of threads Hamba? For the amount of members this site has it's only a minority that tend to keep these type of arguments up and when that happens, the thread has run it's course and tends to get closed.

Stick around mate?

Seems by your own admission that's what you are trying to do, and no one member is bigger than this site so may I be the first to say good bye and good luck

That seems a bit harsh m8,everybody is entitled to their opinion and this is the rant room after all.

Hmmmmmm.

That was a little harsh from a person whos been here for almost 3 years and posted 100 times, most coming in the last few weeks in one thread!!!

Are you a cable guy by any chance?

Hmmmmmm.

That was a little harsh from a person whos been here for almost 3 years and posted 100 times, most coming in the last few weeks in one thread!!!

Are you a cable guy by any chance?

nope. he's just a nob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back