temp car insurance?

mwflivpak

Inactive User
Reaction score
i am 20, looking to borrow matre car for a couple of days and before i do that need insurace for them two days. looked online for temp insurace but it seems you have to be 21?

anyone know of any site or way of going about getting insurance for a few days being under 21?

norwich union are the same, on there short term policy they are allowing people aged over 21 only.

its a shame really cause there seems to be no option for youngsters for short term cover. is it any wonder that youngsters drive without insurance!

If your fully comp on your own car you might be able to drive other cars anyway this happend to me when i needed to lend my sisters when i phoned my insurance company they said i was insured to drive any car as long as the owner had there own insurance always ask first.

Another point to make is if your freind is insured for his car you cant open another policy for a vehicle 1 car can not have two separate policys

a car can only be insured of one company :Cheers: cos if someone crashed into you both you and your pal could make 2 separate claims

you need to go through his insurance im afraid

If your fully comp on your own car you might be able to drive other cars anyway this happend to me when i needed to lend my sisters when i phoned my insurance company they said i was insured to drive any car as long as the owner had there own insurance always ask first.

Another point to make is if your freind is insured for his car you cant open another policy for a vehicle 1 car can not have two separate policys

a car can only be insured of one company :Cheers: cos if someone crashed into you both you and your pal could make 2 separate claims

you need to go through his insurance im afraid

its his car but he aint go no insurace policy out on it, its just sitting there. im third party on my own car and am a named on it. thanks for the advice any how.

its his car but he aint go no insurace policy out on it, its just sitting there. im third party on my own car and am a named on it. thanks for the advice any how.

in that case id use your own insurance company just change vehicles pay the excess then change back before the months over most companys charge a £15 admin fee to swap cars though

might take out a car insurance policy on the vehicle, will have a 14 day cancellation policy will charge me 55quid and da days i use, bit pricy but still legal...

Back