teltext.on the box.

Best to try getting the Teletext to show up when watching anything but the 1-5 channels as for me they seem very poorly supported, so for this example if your using the sportster image turn to a movie channel for example s*y movies 1 then do the following

Press blue button on your remote
Choose teletext from the list and press ok...now don't wait for anything to appear just press 888 on your dbox remote and if subtitles are being broadcast you should see them appear within the minute.

Hi Liam i have been visiting....really but i left my job (no surfing the net all day now) and accepted a job in artarmon Sydney so the amount of paper work and things that need sorting is overwhelming, plus i need to spend quality time with the wife as i will initially be away for 6 months.

When i get settled again i will get back to posting.

Tony.

What image are you using? If it's Sportster 1.7 or greater the tuxtext won't work. Try these...thanks to Cryo!

Still cant get Teletext to work

OK, so according the link in the post below, I have to :-

ftp 01_tuxtxt.cfg and 01_tuxtxt.so to /var/plugins (overwrite the existing files)
check 01_tuxtxt.so is executable (can check/set with tuxcommander if unsure)
ftp tuxtxt.conf to /var/toxbox/config/tuxtext (overwrite the existing file)

The problem is I donot know how to make 01_tuxtxt.so execuable. I go into Tuxbox commander, and then navigate to the file. Then I press 1 (which gives me the rights to the file). A box comes up say read is green, write is green but execute is red. Is this where I change it to execute. If so it will not let me do it, I been trying for hours now.

All help appreciated. Thanks is advance.

Open up a command promt.
Type telnet 192.168.xxx.xxx (where xxx.xxx is the IP of your box)
enter root as the username and there is no password

Type:

chmod 755 /var/plugins/01_tuxtxt.so

type quit or exit

Job done

Or you can do it through your ftp software (search my posts as i've explained how to do it several times)

Still cant get teletext to work

done the above, copied the files in the right places and set the one file as execuable, but still cannot get the telextext to work. Using the sportster image on the dbox 2 (as per pictures).

Any ideas?

Looks like the column width or font size is the problem.

I don't know if this can be changed...maybe a setting in one of the .conf files.

Back