Telewest plans DVR

JIMMYQ

DW Regular
Reaction score
Telewest is to become the first operator to launch HDTV into the UK.
The company has outlined plans for 'TV Drive', a new DVR product that will be available to all Telewest subscribers within the first quarter of 2006 and a "selected" number of customers next month.
The set-top box will boast three tuners - one more than Sky's PVR product, Sky+ - allowing viewers to simultaneously record two programmes while watching a third. It features a 160Gb hard drive, enabling up to 80 hours of storage.
TV Drive will cost an extra £10 to £15 per month, depending on the services taken. The existing set-top box can be kept as a second unit for £5 per month or, from later in 2006, for a one-off payment.
The HDTV service will launch at the same time as the DVR product, giving it a three to four month jump on Sky's planned offering. Telewest CFO Neil Smith revealed that movie and drama content had already been signed from Pathé and the BBC but refused to elaborate further on planned HD programming.
Meanwhile, the company will also launch a VOIP service in 2006 and - post merger with NTL - will explore becoming a "quad-play" provider with a new mobile service.
160x120_telewest_dvr_stb02.jpg

cant wait to get me hands on one of these babys meself.....

hi all with the new box coming what does means for the old will you still be able to watch it ? did anyone notice that tw has gone blank 2day.

rd1980 said:
hi all with the new box coming what does means for the old will you still be able to watch it ? did anyone notice that tw has gone blank 2day.
well if you think of the old boxes we all have them so it not going to be cheap for them to give us all 1 they going to charge i think 5 pound a month extra for these boxes but dont quote me on that

mentholflash01 said:
hi mate
wat do i need to get bk and ird for it
cheers
I want a few just for the HD
Doubt they will be not collecting them when u cancel sub
Made me think of getting a sub box
When it hits pure Nthell
Hope they take a card that ll be the way

Back