Teleport in Bradford

adrianfo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi
I just got a letter letting me know that I will be updated within the next few days to Teleport. I have read as much as I can on here but am really non the wiser.
I have a TW subbed box which wont be a problem
and an
NTL box - DITV 1000 phase 1b
The box boots with TW software
Hardware ver. P1b.4
Code release Ver P1b Cr4.12 build 1

Could someone let me know what I will need to do so I don`t have a telly-less christmas
Cheers

That box has already took the update CR4.12 .... Dont do anything, its already done.

edcase

You already have Cr4 software so you don't have to do anything. You should continue to receive channels as normal but you will no longer get any PPV movies.

cheers boyz
Thats a relief
so basically everything will be the same except for the ppv.
I am using a mosc (rom10) and my brother is using a AU atmega, will anything happen to the cards. I shouldn`t think the mosc will be affected any clues on the atmega.

Getting a little ahead, will there be a solution for the ppv in future??

cheers

Your Atmega will be fine mate, Brother in law just gone through same thing i had to put Au fix on it for telepest but still working 4 weeks on.

adrianfo said:
Getting a little ahead, will there be a solution for the ppv in future??

ppv has been completely replaced by the new vod technology. VOD is routed directly to the customer who requests it rather than being transmitted for all to see so only the customer and people on the same net node will be able to see it.

To receive vod streams you would have to constantly scan for them as you have no idea when a customer will decide to order one. You will also have no idea what is on a vod stream until you actually look.

To find something that you actually want to watch you would have to be fairly lucky (or be in a high cable takeup area where lots of people will order movies)

cheerz boyz
So we can say adios to the ppv movies that`s not really a big loss, do we also lose the pay per view footie and special events such as boxing. Damm looks like I`ll have to buy a PL season ticket

`Scuse me for appearing thick but I`m sure other folks would like to know the answers - this could turn into a Teleport FAQ

Thanks again chaps
Merry Crimbo

Back