telephone extension and BB

allroad

Inactive User
Reaction score
quick question can BB run from an extension or does it need to be connected to the main box

it can run from anywhere on the line. from an extension socket connected to an extension cable, wired to another extension socket. As long as wherever there is a phone it is filtered. If you have a huge extension then "they" say it can cause issues with disconnecting etc, but i've had no issues in my experience.

Most people don't have a problem but if you do get problems just unplug the phone(s) from the all the sockets before your computer. A pain in the rear end I know, but it worked for a work colleague of mine who's connection kept slowing and/or dropping out. Or do what my dad has done, and wire the phone extensions so that they come out of the main box as well.

unless you have a phone that can cause interferance then using an extension is fine (and you have a filter for this aswell),

WB5

thats how i remember the wiring

white blue - 5
blue white - 2
orange - white - 3

extensions have to have orange and white but you will see from the main bt entry they only come in with 2 cables into 5 and 2 and be careful bt cable carrys voltage i think its 80 when using the phone and 50 when dormant ?

well anyway dont strip the wire with your teeth lol

Back