technomate tm 600 or tm6800HD??

zoomajzo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys, i need to buy a box in a few weeks, just need to buy a box, stuck between the tm600 or tm6800 HD, if anybody has got these boxes can you please write ur experiences are they good boxees?? is the tm 6800HD a linux box??

hi mate the tm 6800HD super is not linux ,the tm600 is linux and is worth the money, make sure you read up about linux so your prepared ,you will find plenty of good info on this forum to assist you .hope this helps

tm6800hd is not linux but its HD

I have a Technomate 9100 and TM600, currently using UR image on the tm600.

Would i recommend it?

Yes and No?

Build quality is good. Has USB ports inside, at the front and back, NO SD Card Reader!
Has a Common Interface slot, it's poorly supported in quantity of software, but the software that is out there is of VERY good quality, and there are a lot of good folks out there writing stuff abot this, for which we are all externally grateful.

Build Quality: 7/10
Style and Design: 5/10
Picture Quality: 7/10
Sound: 7/10
Support: 5/10
Software: 10/10
Features: 9/10
Value For Money: 10/10

but i will go for a tm600 instead as its more cheaper and has more advantages.

tm6800hd is not linux but its HD

I have a Technomate 9100 and TM600, currently using UR image on the tm600.

Would i recommend it?

Yes and No?

Build quality is good. Has USB ports inside, at the front and back, NO SD Card Reader!
Has a Common Interface slot, it's poorly supported in quantity of software, but the software that is out there is of VERY good quality, and there are a lot of good folks out there writing stuff abot this, for which we are all externally grateful.

Build Quality: 7/10
Style and Design: 5/10
Picture Quality: 7/10
Sound: 7/10
Support: 5/10
Software: 10/10
Features: 9/10
Value For Money: 10/10

but i will go for a tm600 instead as its more cheaper and has more advantages.

Software 10/10 ?? Are you having a laugh. The software is crap in comparison with the better images available on other devices...Gemini, Nabilo, PLI etc.
Value for money is not 10/10 either, considering you can get a Dm600 clone for the same money...and that is definitely a better reciever with better hardware spec, support and software.
Features 10/10...no chance..basic 16:9 display doesnt work properly, compatibility with CCAM server mode doesnt work properly...as is well documented on this forum several times...

I would say...spend an extra 40 quid and buy a openbox 800hd/skybox/solomend 800... linux based HD reciever, very good price...around 120 ish quid maybe less.

Cheapest i have seen the tm6800HD is £189.00 on fleabay. I have a tm600, so all things considered i would say get a latest model dm800 hd clone (from around £160 upwards).

Its got great support, will do everything you want. If you were considering a tm600, its no harder to set up ... and the dm800 costs around or less than the tm6800HD.

Just my 10p worth.

@manx

Last edited:
I have had my TM-600 for quite a while now, and can honestly say I am pretty pleased with it. Yes there are a few bugs in it but it really depends on what you want to do with it. EVERY linux box has bugs.

+ Good hardware and tuner
+ Excellent picture quality
+ Pvr works very well (although if using a hard disk it will never stop spinning!)
+ Stable image from ur (but not perfect)

- Hard disk never stops spinning, ever!
- Could be more images for it
- Possible widescreen bug (although seems to depend on tv/channel)
- Some people complain about cccam on it's own with white cards

For me personally, the picture quality alone seals it, plus it drives a motor well.

Software 10/10 ?? Are you having a laugh. The software is crap in comparison with the better images available on other devices...Gemini, Nabilo, PLI etc.
Value for money is not 10/10 either, considering you can get a Dm600 clone for the same money...and that is definitely a better reciever with better hardware spec, support and software.
Features 10/10...no chance..basic 16:9 display doesnt work properly, compatibility with CCAM server mode doesnt work properly...as is well documented on this forum several times...

I would say...spend an extra 40 quid and buy a openbox 800hd/skybox/solomend 800... linux based HD reciever, very good price...around 120 ish quid maybe less.

Think he was referring to the 6800hd here not the tm600 linux. Also as a matter of interest, i was in a mates house last night and he has a tm600 linux and just uses it to simply watch tv on, he's using an older image, one that he flashed when he first got the box and uses it every day with no problems at all, the widescreen bug is not present on his box as he's using an older image, so if you just want to watch tv and not insist on having the latest image on it just for the sake of it, use a tm600 and load an earlier image release on it.

Last edited:
Cheapest i have seen the tm6800HD is £189.00 on fleabay. I have a tm600, so all things considered i would say get a latest model dm800 hd clone (from around £160 upwards).

Its got great support, will do everything you want. If you were considering a tm600, its no harder to set up ... and costs around or less than the tm6800HD.
Just my 10p worth.

@manx

Less than £100

i have a TMlinux running an image from last june

as people say, if it works, why update it?

my DM800 hasnt been updated fro 2 years either

ok cheers guys thanks for the feedback really appreciate it,

if i was to through in the TM800HD into the question what will your guys responses be? is the TM800HD a good box? its alot of money to part with so really do need all the information possble!

Back