Technomate Nano 0E Hard Drive

biddy79uk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Need a little help if possible

I have just bought a Technomate Nano 0E box from shebay and it says INTERNAL HDD supported
I have opened the box and there is a SATA port there which i connected but theres no other lead i have to connect to the power source,

Iv noticed theres a white connector un-used which i take it thats where the power source connects too
but i have no idea where to start with wiring to get the hard drive detectable
Has anybody else managed to do this
Thanks biddy

I know it was mate,
The question i asked was if anybody had managed to add there own hard drive which i am trying to do,
I have a spare SATA cable but i need a power source or a schematics / diagram to make my own connector
but i have no idea which wires go where,
Thats why i was asking mate

Hope this helps. Although the HDD end is moulded together, you can use separate wires. Hope you have a fan installed too.

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    980.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20150408_202739927.jpg
    IMG_20150408_202739927.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
thanks for those pics pal

I'll upload a few pics i have here see if you can confirm i have it correct
Seen as though i am using seperate wiring and SATA cable...correct me if i'm wrong ;)
so the black wire goes closest to the SATA cable on the Hard Drive
and the BLACK on the right on the motherboard RED on the LEFT

Also i.m using Laptop hard drive is this correct ?

Last edited:
Yeah mate the Black and Red i'v stripped them off pal,
I'm just making sure i have them the correct way,
On the hard drive the BLACK goes nearest to the SATA cable and the RED next to it.. is that right ?
Also i'm using a Laptop hard drive is that right
Thanks for your time Abu

You'll have to consult a sata pinout diagram. Personally I would have butchered an ide to sata power adapter or used parts from a PC PSU.

The caddy will only accept a 2.5 inch drive. You will struggle to fit it in permanently without the caddy. I don't think you will have anywhere on chassis for HDD to rest flat on. Unless you have the pre-mass prodouction range in the Single casing.

Got a new problem now FFS

The loading bar wont go off the screen,
When i try turn the channel over it turns over but i get a glitch in the picture as shown ?

Also i cant access the MENU from the remote cos the whole picture glitches to a freeze and i cant see anything
This happens constantly below...

And this happens when i change channel
and when i press MENU the whole picture goes fuzzy ?????
Using OpenPLi 4Dimention

Major parts of E2 images are the same. Have a read of teh Vix manual by Rob or JoshG's guide to new setup guide. There are plenty of tutorials on all forums. Anyway, i thing the HDD issue is finished,. Any other topics should be in tehir own thread if an existing thread does not answer your question.

Yeah I can leave the hard drive problem for now
Until I reflash the box with the latest VIX image and go from there,
Thanks a bunch Abu youv been awesome

Back