Technomate Linux or standard

Davie1878

Inactive User
Reaction score
Which one should I go with or should I go for a dreambox ?

Live in Liverpool so do I need a 1m dish ?

Motorized or static dish ?

On a tight budget but will pay the extra if it's really worth it and less troublesome.

Hi M8,

Ive had no probs with DM's plus motorised all the way,you wont regret it,also send you a pm....

Update : cant send you pm yet

Last edited:
Cheers mate won't be able to pm you back yet as have not got ten posts under my belt yet.

Aye I've just looked for your pm didn't know I couldnt recieve them either.Never mind a few more posts and I should be ok.

go for the dm800hd clone or vu+duo or vu+solo, all them boxes are very good from the right suplier, as for motor and stuff, i would go for the all metal darkmotor, and dark gold lnb and a 1m solid orbital dish

a good shop for boxes is satfooldeals m8, very reliable, i have sent loads of people to there and none of them have complained they all said very good service, but you might have a local shop near you that is reliable, personal choice really, anyway whatever you do you wont regreat going the linux way

Cheers jjp will look them up.What is the difference between standard and linux ?

dm800hd at satfooldeals = £260
dm800hd at Wizard = £239

Think I was thinking of something cheaper.Is going cheaper false economy and would I start wishing I'd taken your advice ?

Post number 10 hopefully means I can recieve your pm now override.

lower doesnt mean better, some shops are getting faulty tuners and faulty fans and so on, and when you ring them up they start to try and fob you off, so cheaper is not always the way, then reliability is the way i look at, if the shop wants to help and resolve the problem, if there is a problem to start with, tm800hd a good clone is supposed to be very good, no problems at all, but vu+ run the show for me, ask anyone who ownes a vu+ how good they are,

I think I made a mistake mate and quoted the price for a different machine from Wizard.

I'm guessing a clone is always cheaper but that maybe you get more problems.Will they always tell you if it's a clone ?

Had a Eurovox from computer fair and had no problems.Have any of you lads bought sat equipment from computer fair ?

personally i wouldnt touch a clone at all, of the thousands of posts ive read about clones, id say around 15-20% of people dont have any issues with them, the other 80-85% have some sort of problem

you may save money on the cost of the receiver, but then when you add in the cost of inline amp, maybe a new fan, possibly replacing the tuner, postage to do this, the time involved etc then it is false economy imo

Paying 260 for a clone DM800HD is plain stupidity, daylight robbery... These are 160 maybe less including shipping from China.
From a UK supplier they can be had for around 185 ish have a look at Primusat UK based and good prices, you can find Keymaster from Primusat on a few forums, he's an admin on the clone forum as well.

Cheers lads will steer clear of clones.If I want to cs will I need any other equipment or just dish and reciever ?

biggest cost is definitely time if you have issues with a clone Dm800hd, repalcment parts cost next to nothing a fan is about 2 - 3 quid. In line amp is 3 quid from ebay.
Even postage back to china for a faulty tuner is cheap 5 quid recorded. But your looking at a month with no TV if you post anything back to china ! 2 weeks to get there...2 weeks back...
Buying from a UK based supplier now that they seem to be charging better prices is probably a good decision paying 20ish quid more for a UK supplier is OK. Some suppliers just take the p**s though charging nearly 100 quid more than the single unit price from China (they obviously get it cheaper by buying in bulk).
Majority of tuner issues can be sorted with use of a inline amp or cap changes on older rev tuners..

m8 just dig deep and go for the vu+solo, or vu+duo, it is the no1 sat box out there, not many complaints at all on the vu boxes, and definatley no probs with hardware or parts or anything like that with the vu boxes, with linux boxes you need them connected to your internet and then configure it out and then all done,

I'd rather pay a few more quid than have the problems you speak of.Just spotted a Technomate 3000d 1m motorized system for £149.Would that be ok or would I be wishing I'd gone for something better in 6 months time.

Back