Technomate Linux or standard

I'm off now lads thanks for all your help.Will pop back later.

Thanks Digidude may get one as I'm on a bit of a budget.Was speaking to someone recently who told me he can get virtually everything for £120 per year.Does that sound about right and is it best to search for someone to share with by using the usual search engine.Was using Eurov so was used to getting everything for nowt but to get the 3pm stuff would be a real bonus.

directly bouquet-lists came up on the spec of the dm 500 is this important.What does it mean as I've seen people mention it.

Thank you.From what I've read I'm probably best going for dm500 or 800 then or tm 800.

I have a dm500s (they are all clones) no hd but it drives my motor and 1.1 mtr dish fine. I got the dish and motor from wizardsat £129 that included cable, wallmount and a meter. The dm500s is an eagle clone cost me £44 from the classifieds on here.

I wouldn't touch a clone dm800 as dd says most are rubbish and need extra's to work.

If you go motorised then I wouldn't bother with a vu as whats the point of a dual tuner, your wife sets a recording and the dish moves half way through something your watching, I can't think of anything more annoying.

I thought clones were no good but you reckon the dm500 clone is ok.I may go that way then seeing as I'm trying to set this up as cheaply as possible.See what you mean about dual tuner which I don't think I'd bother with anyway.I hardly watch tv except for the football but my other half got right into it after I twisted her arm and got her to agree too a Eurov.Would the dm 500 clone be ok for cs.What I'm really interested in is watching tv at 3pm on a saturday.

Back